Best way to invest 6K?

Permabanned
What sort of returns does that offer?

If we could tell you that, with any company we would be millionaires :p

It is totally dependent on future deals, successes etc. - But yes, he is right the Santander group/ Abbey national are doing great, and in my opinion will continue to do so. (Santander bank have recently purchased Abbey)

Remember, you could make an infinite profit or a complete loss, check the figures here :
http://www.iii.co.uk/ - Type in Santander in the search bar - London Stock Exchange :)

Soldato
What sort of returns does that offer?

Well i know someone who started doing it like 20 years ago, casually took 20 a month out of his wage for around 4 years and now 20 years on are worth well in excess of 40k, not only that, he gets paid yearly shares from the company, or as he said "a big fat cheque" he said he is definately happy with his decision.

You would have to look into it, so many benifits from you giving big expanding companies money.

Look for groups

RBS
Santander

Try go for banking/financial ones, look at their market strategies, look at their current market state, watch them for a few months then invest if it looks like they are due to expand, research the company you invest in.

Santander would be a brilliant one to go for although Halifax also are pretty good, and ever growing, check for yearly and quaterly stats, well worth it in 20 years when you atleast double what you put in, but remember, theres a lot of downsides to this, companies that float on the stock exchange are so easily manipulated by share prices and is the US decide to mess around again, it could send the stock exchange into a frenzy like we saw in 2007, which ends up in many people, including yourself, selling off.

I also reccommend splitting the dosh into 3, going for different companies, that way you have a little bit of a safety net, some people here will know mroe than me but try get information about it.

Soldato
Why oh why ask these forums for help on this subject? Jesus... as another stated, go talk to a finance advisor. The amount of money you are talking about is hardly a small sum, you are mental to ask what you should do with it here. Sounds like a show off thread tbh :rolleyes:

Soldato
Why oh why ask these forums for help on this subject? Jesus... as another stated, go talk to a finance advisor. The amount of money you are talking about is hardly a small sum, you are mental to ask what you should do with it here. Sounds like a show off thread tbh :rolleyes:

How is it a show off thread?.

Soldato
£6,000 and asking here what to do with it.. abit mental don't you think?

Honestly if I had £6,000 to invest and wasn't sure where exactly to invest, my last port of call would be an internet forum.

Caporegime
OP

Honestly if I had £6,000 to invest and wasn't sure where exactly to invest, my last port of call would be an internet forum.

I'm 17, so sorry If I don't know exactly where to consult regarding my finance. However I was just asking for a general idea on the range of options open to me. Obviously I'm not just going to waltz into something without asking anywhere else. :rolleyes:

Soldato
Why oh why ask these forums for help on this subject?

Because people here are knowledgeable, people here have been in a similar position?

think dude..

Would be one of my first tbh.. here and friends, then you go away and get more information and work on the ideas given...

Why dont people think? :confused:

Caporegime

Firstly, 6k isn't a huge sum of money. I mean, I'd not be complaining if I had it in loose change, but it's not enormous either.

Secondly, why ask about anything on these forums? People know stuff, and it's easier to ask here than to find and speak to an IFA.

Soldato
Firstly, 6k isn't a huge sum of money. I mean, I'd not be complaining if I had it in loose change, but it's not enormous either.

Secondly, why ask about anything on these forums? People know stuff, and it's easier to ask here than to find and speak to an IFA.

Huge? It's all relative, when I was 17 £6k would have seemed like a huge sum of money to me. As for asking on an Internet forum, good move if you ask me. Just get a load of ideas that can then be investigated in more detail. Think of it as a brain storming exercise.

Soldato
It is totally dependent on future deals, successes etc. - But yes, he is right the Santander group/ Abbey national are doing great, and in my opinion will continue to do so. (Santander bank have recently purchased Abbey)
Not that recently really, was a few years ago now :p

Caporegime
Huge? It's all relative, when I was 17 £6k would have seemed like a huge sum of money to me. As for asking on an Internet forum, good move if you ask me. Just get a load of ideas that can then be investigated in more detail. Think of it as a brain storming exercise.

Ah, had missed the bit about him being 17. 6k is quite a lot of money at 17!

Back
Top Bottom