N95, downgrade firmware??

Associate
Hi there,

Basically, i used NSS to change the product code so i could upgrade the firmware on my N95 as 02 are still on v11.0.026. This all went well, however, i now have to return the phone as its faulty and 02 wont like it if they know i have upgraded the firmware on the phone.

So im wondering, is there a way i can put my phone back to v11.0.026. I tried doing a factory restore however that didnt work.

Any help would be greatful :)

Soldato
there's no way to downgrade atm, and that's the risk of debranding. change the product code back to O2 and hope they will repair it under warranty.

Soldato
I thought Nokia Updater could reflash the phone to the latest firmware for the specified product code, no idea whether or not it would baulk at flashing it to an earlier version though. Have you tried it?

Associate
OP
Im currently trying to use the restore feature of the backup program in pc suite, however it keeps stoping on either 51% or 77% :confused:

Soldato
the restore feature only installs the apps, games etc on the phone and not the firmware. people had to reinstall the apps, games manually as the restore program had problems with the new firmware causing it it freeze in your case at 51% or 77%.

Associate
I found that when I 'upgraded' my n73 to the music version, and I sent my phone to O2, they just restored the original firmware back. Nothing was said to me.

Associate
OP
well, where do i start with its problems? lol
- GPS does not work.
- Ear piece does not work, i have to make phone calls on loud speaker
- Screen wobbles massivly
- Make 2 phone calls and the battery dies
- Randomly freezes and re-starts itself
- Phone calls just randomly cut out
- Loss of signal

Thats to name just a few of them, and thats not the end of the problems. I have had no ends of problems with 02!

I requested to send the phone back on the 27th of Nov, they apparently sent me an email with details on how to return the handset. The email never arrived.

I requested for the phone to be replaced in january some time, and got told an email would be sent to me with details on how to do the exchange. Once again, no email, no exchange.

I phoned 02 the other day requesting a replacement, they said no problem the email with details will be sent within 2 hours. This was first thing in the morning, at 6pm, still no email so i phone customer service to complain. They then aranged to do a door step swap on the 7th, today. So i have been sat at home all of today waiting, and waiting, and waiting for this swap to happen, and its now 5pm and its still not here. A wasted last day of holiday before i go back to work, thank you 02!

So yeah, there are my problems im having with this phone.

Back
Top Bottom