N95 8GB on Three

Associate
Hello all, just a quick question really. Lost my phone on new years eve :/, thankfully i'm due for my contract to expire in a month, so i thought i'd give Vodafone a call. :rolleyes: Apart from offering me absolutly nothing decent, they might as well have laughed at me when I asked about the N95 8GB.

So anyway i thought i'd have a browse around the net and came across the Three network. They are offering the N95 8GB for free. Upon telling the guy who called me back about my upgrade this he went into defensive mode saying that it wasn't the real N95 8GB, just an N95 with an 8GB memory card...blah blah...exclusive to Vodafone. So I told him i'm looking at the website right now and it is the black model, with Spiderman 3 movie and the larger screen, so I said i don't think they can get away with false advertising like that. He was persistant i was either incorrect, or Three 'shouldn't be advertising that'.

So looks like i'll be ditching Vodafone, even though i've been a loyal customer for 18 months, with an average bill of probably £40, with at least 2 months as high as ~£80. :o

Just a question really, anyone purchased the N95 8GB on Three who can just confirm that it is the actual handset. Really need a phone, as however silly it sounds, i'm lost without it. :(

Associate
OP
Seeing the 8GB only becomes available on other networks from January and today its the 2nd (1st being a National Holiday), pretty much nobody would have had this phone yet on networks other than Vodafones at the moment.

I thought I had seen the phone on the Three website a few days before the new year, however I may be mistaken.

Anyway, all sorted. Guess i'm sticking with vodafone afterall. Just rang up enquiring about PAC codes and they've offered me the phone for free. The guy was much nicer than the origional one i'd spoken too and sorted me out on the same tarrif and it will be delivered before 12 tomorrow. Can't argue with that.

Soldato
well it is on the Three website http://threestore.three.co.uk/mixnmatchphone.aspx my friend had his 8GB upgrade on monday but going to cancel and get his instead.

capturepy4.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
speakers are free for the first 500 orders and to get the £20 contact them via the online chat on the website and they will send you one.

2 days ago I used the chat to know how long it will take to get the vodaphone number transferred and they said 1 week and asked me if i wanted the £20 voucher. then yesterday I asked about the 8GB N95 and they said that they do have them in stock and if I wanted a voucher for £20 off accessories. :rolleyes:

Associate
I've gone through Quidco so will get £32 back for the contract I've taken out. Should get the free speakers and I'll then also refer my girlfriend, giving me and her £30.

yeah but be prepared to spend hours on end to CS in Bombay when the network "forget" to credit your referrals to your account.

Soldato
Has anyone had any extra emails apart from the inital order email to let them know that the phone is on the way??.

The original email said that further emails would be sent out during the order process but i havent heard anything else, hopefully its still on schedule to be delivered monday.

*** Just spoke to someone at three as other people had received emails etc, but its all ok, phone is currently being packed and sent out for monday delivery ***

Last edited:
Soldato
Checked my emails today and got one from Three saying the handset has been dispatched via Royal Mail and should be here on Saturday.

Also told me my new mobile number.

Did you go for the internet max add-on??.
Very confusing they do this and the x-series silver, looks like the x-series silver gives you access to more websites and doesnt block but i couldnt select this when i ordered the phone.

Phoned up customer services and basically once my phone is connected, I can cancel the internet max package and get the x-series silver add-on.

Last edited:
Associate
Should have mine tomorrow, delivery via Royal Mail. Got my Asus eee pc coming tomorrow aswell... 2 new toys to play with.

Back
Top Bottom