People who have ordered from the online Apple store?

Soldato
Howdy,

At last, the new Mac Pro's have been released, and I'm gonna bag me one asap!

Can anyone who has ordered online from the Apple store tell me how Apple tell you when you item will be delivered? I mean, it says ready to ship in 2 days... but when i have made my order, on the order status will it tell me that the item is due for delivery on x day? Or will it just say sumin like "dispatched"?

I wanna know, cos I will need to be in to get this, and if I don't know what day I'm suppose to get it I wont be around (obviously)? So if thats the case, I'll go to the bluewater Apple store next week when (hopefully) they have them in.

Any help will be appreciated!

ta

Steve M

Soldato
When you order you will get a confirmation email telling you your estimated dispatch date and estimated delivery date.

When it is dispatched you will then get another email telling you your estimated delivery date again, which may have changed from last time.

Once your order is in the UK (Apple Macs come from Shanghai) it will be handed to either UPS or TNT and then you will be given a tracking number for them, which will be next day delivery.

So basically, once it's handed to UPS or TNT, expect it the next day.

Unfortunately Apple are pants with their tracking page, so use Apecode to track. That site will tell you very accurate up to date tracking. Generally it will take a week minimum to 2 weeks for it to be delivered.

Also, if you plan on buying one in Bluewater, they will only have base specs and most popular configurations, so you might not have the option to upgrade components if you want to. Also, I don't expect them to have the new Mac Pros in for at least a week.

Enjoy your Mac Pro by the way, what configuration you ordering?

Soldato
OP
Cheers lads, Im going for the stock Mac Pro, its more then powerful enough for me, with its 8 cores.

I will buy third party RAM a few weeks after I have got it... and maybe a few more HDDs from OCuK.

I will just order it online tomo I think, then I'll just have to wait for it :)

Thanks again for your help!

Associate
If you want it quickly, why not go to your nearest mac store or reseller?!

You can then also chat with the mac folks to see if its the right mac for you!

Tom* :)

ps.. Enjoy your mac!

Soldato
OP
If you want it quickly, why not go to your nearest mac store or reseller?!

You can then also chat with the mac folks to see if its the right mac for you!

Tom* :)

ps.. Enjoy your mac!

Oh I KNOW its the right mac for me, its more than powerful enough for me, so theres no worries there... I'm 100% getting it.

I'm not so much in a rush to get it, I'm quite patient like that, so I'm not too fussed if it takes 2-3 weeks to get to me, I just don't like getting random delivery dates for items of this size, cos I want to make sure I'm in when the delivery is made.

I'd prefer to get it online opposed to going to BW to get it tbh, so Ill just put the order in tomo... or at the latest, when the site says "Shipping: Within 24 hours".

I'll be sure to post pics of my new Mac Pro for those interested :)

cheers!

Associate
I ordered a Mac Book just before Christmas - made the order on wednesday it arrived on the Friday of the same week - that was for a standard spec - so if you're going for the standard mac pro I guess its the same, it'll be very similar delivery time (from their UK warehouses). Once its dispatched you'll get a courier tracking code (probably UPS) - which is pretty accurate. The apecode website wasnt working at the time I made my order- don't think it's been fixed yet - and its only really useful if you're buying a mac that will be built to your spec aborad and sent to UK via flights that the apecode site is able to track.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

The Apecode site will only work if the shipment is coming from Shanghai / Merging in the hub in Holland.

When a product is "shipping in 24hrs" it means there is stock at Apple UK, based in Ireland; and Apecode just won't work for those shipments.

Usually Apple are generous with their estimations, but it's always best to keep an eye out for a UPS tracking number on the order page... For example, my last MacBook Pro was scheduled to arrive on the 12th according to the Apple tracking page.. went to the UPS site and it was already in Swansea and marked "out for delivery" :D

Not complaining, but it was a shock..

Still, Your Mac beast will 100% come direct from Apple Asia as it's just been released/updated, so you'll be able to track it with Apecode.

One tip, on Apecode.. when it says "Van reached destination" it means it's now in the hands of the UK couriers, and will no longer be traceable on the Apecode site (it's like the last stage of the Pre-EU delivery route).

That's the point you go check UPS/TNT :D

Congratulations.. oh, and if money's no issue, buy me one!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom