China Banning Plastic bags

Associate
[DW]Muffin;10866073 said:
Aldi have always charged and people just used the bags for life, you can take them in with you and bag it at the checkout or just put it back in the trolley and bag it at the boot. They also don't have a trolley problem.

Hasn't Ireland also got a tax on carrier bags? would have thought Labour and the word Tax would have brought this in years ago.

yeah.22c for a bag now,was 15c up until few months ago

Soldato
You have to pay for plastic bags in Italy, but that doesn't really stop people from using them, or force them to use a re-usable bag..a good initiative however.

Soldato
Am I the only one who likes the option of having a free bag when your caught out?

It seems everyone in this thread carries a "bag for life" with them at all times.

I'll just stick with the free bags when required thanks.

Soldato
I think everyone should pay for their bags if they wish to use plastic, a charge should be legally imposed on people who wish to use them, i think a lot more people would think twice and get some bags for life.
I use the tescos "Big green bags" the burlap sack kind of ones, brilliant things. Keep them in the back of my car.

Soldato
You relise that China is also one of the biggest exporters of plastic bags all over the world and espically to the uk so its pretty ironic I think.

I use the pay bags the nice ones that last ages, the amount of custom they get off each household supermarkets should give these away free.

Soldato
Am I the only one who likes the option of having a free bag when your caught out?

It seems everyone in this thread carries a "bag for life" with them at all times.

I'll just stick with the free bags when required thanks.

Hmm...think harder young luke! These are the times where you would do one better and purchase said bag!

Back
Top Bottom