Stuck with life

Associate
Just to clarify, I havent complete my degree and thus have only a levels. Its early days in my application for the marines (officer) but I have not been told I need a degree nor does any of the current literature I have read support this notion. My dad joined as an officer in the mid-80s and he didnt have a degree either.

Soldato
Stick it out, being a Student is awesome.

i just dont like it, i hate the debt, the lifestyle and the fact i dont enjoy my course and have no motivation

being here is making me depressed and it has done for the past 3 months and i dont have to be here and coming out with a pass or 3rd isnt really going to get me a decent job, certainly no better than if i left now and got a job i enjoyed while still considering some sort of education (considering in 3 years time)

Same boat, been at college since September. I've just lost interest, i thought i would enjoy ICT & Business as i was reasonably good at them at GCSE level. I'm only sticking it out for the wild uni parties when i turn 18.
P.s No good birds here either :( All my classes are full of people who are scared of engaging in conversations :/

Just applied for a job up London, starts @ 18k a year, no experience or a levels required \0/

Soldato
You only have to do the whole probationary qualifications thing once. Whether it's a-levels, degree whatever, do it and get it over with. When you get older, you are wondering what you are doing with your life, you see the opportunities that other people have and wonder how they can make them yours, you suddenly realise that without the keys, those doors will always be locked, and it starts getting later and later to try and get those keys.

It sounds like you need to get

a) a girlfriend,
b) Something more in your life that supplements what you do rather than rearrange your entire life...

Permabanned
Just to clarify, I havent complete my degree and thus have only a levels. Its early days in my application for the marines (officer) but I have not been told I need a degree nor does any of the current literature I have read support this notion. My dad joined as an officer in the mid-80s and he didnt have a degree either.

You don't even need A-levels to join the marines, just need to pass their entry exams.

Soldato
I loved college, it was one fat drugged up ****** up blur sometimes, easy work, lots of pretty girls and good freinds.
I find working aint as fun, the moneys, brilliant, don't get me wrong but I know so many people who have wanted to go into the army or the raf or the navy. Gone there, come back when it was worse than expected. Don't get me wrong its great for some but not for others and at the end of the day, if you wanna try it, go for it.

Permabanned
I actually hate college, the whole experience is just dire.

Yea sure my friends are a good laugh but the teachers and the work is just meh :( - To top it off there is no nice birds, the whole campus is a sausage fest.

I have no motivation towards academic studies anymore, what i do find motivation for is working and earning money. Pushing my self physically and mentally to a point that i would like to join the RAF or the ARMY.

I'm basically looking for advice over an internet forum :(

Did anyone find college boring, stop and just work hard in the real world? Join the ARMY?

Any regrets?

Cause im seriously thinking about joining the services because I've been to army training weekends and loved it, yea you get treated like **** but tbh that doesn't bother me.

I can't just sit in a room and study, i want to be out there doing more interesting things.

Fed up :(

I want to do something with my life, not just be another man in the city doing some desk job.

I want to feel like im doing something, actually feel alive.

Think im an adrenaline junkie or something :s

Holy crap, im not even joking around but all of what you have said is the same damn thing for me, im talking 100% the same. I was thinking of joining the army as college is meh im fed up with the work and teachers the peeps are cool though and likewise the college isn't a place full of tidy birds, sure theres a few here and there but still. It's boring but im not going to pack it in mainly because I really do want the qualifications at the end of it (a-levels) alough im really at the point in my life where I wasn't sure what I want to do in life career wise, alough I don't want to actually work in a 9-5 job day in and day out working for bosses etc, ideally I want to own my own business so im pretty sure I know what I want to do now.

Man of Honour

What sort of feedback have you received thus far in to your application? What sort of grades did you achieve at A-Level? I'm looking for as much information as I can get on this at the moment, any experiences you've had with the application process so far will be greatly appreciated.

Soldato
I actually hate college, the whole experience is just dire.

Yea sure my friends are a good laugh but the teachers and the work is just meh :( - To top it off there is no nice birds, the whole campus is a sausage fest.

I have no motivation towards academic studies anymore, what i do find motivation for is working and earning money. Pushing my self physically and mentally to a point that i would like to join the RAF or the ARMY.

I'm basically looking for advice over an internet forum :(

Did anyone find college boring, stop and just work hard in the real world? Join the ARMY?

Any regrets?

Cause im seriously thinking about joining the services because I've been to army training weekends and loved it, yea you get treated like **** but tbh that doesn't bother me.

I can't just sit in a room and study, i want to be out there doing more interesting things.

Fed up :(

If you think college is bad try the real world without any qualifications :D (stay in college F.T.W)

Soldato
My college course isnt the best in the world but I know one thing, its much better than school. Stick it out mate to get some qualifications under your belt.

Back
Top Bottom