Trading in an Xbox 360 Premium for Falcon based version

Associate
I know the title may sound a bit bizarre but hear me out.
When mine comes back from repair (3RLOD), I'd like to trade it in for another premium.
I don't need the HD size in the Elite, so a Falcon based HDMI Premium would be fine for me.
My reasoning is that with a new box, I know the retailer will replace it within the first twelve months if it dies.
As I've now had two die on me for the same reason and I really couldn't be bothered to send it back to MS for another repair and in theory with improved cooling in the Falcon based boxes, I shouldn't see the 3RLOD again.
So basically would the retailers think it bizarre that someone wanted to trade in the 360 for more or less the same version rather than an Elite?
I know they'd give about £140 trade in for my old one if I bought an Elite but would they do the same for a new Premium (Or Pro if you want to be pedantic :p)

Soldato
I did essentially the same thing, bought a new 360 when my last one went for repair and then traded the fixed 360 when I got it back for an HD DVD player.

I told hem what I was doing and why, they were fine with it.

Associate
It seems like the 360's are really badly made, a lot of them breaking.... Have a PS3 myself, anybody any the wiser if to these are just as bad?

Soldato
PS3's are considerably more reliable than 360's. Not sure if the gap is still as wide with the new model 360's, hopefully there has been at least some improvement.

Edz

Edz

Soldato
I know the title may sound a bit bizarre but hear me out.
When mine comes back from repair (3RLOD), I'd like to trade it in for another premium.
I don't need the HD size in the Elite, so a Falcon based HDMI Premium would be fine for me.
My reasoning is that with a new box, I know the retailer will replace it within the first twelve months if it dies.
As I've now had two die on me for the same reason and I really couldn't be bothered to send it back to MS for another repair and in theory with improved cooling in the Falcon based boxes, I shouldn't see the 3RLOD again.
So basically would the retailers think it bizarre that someone wanted to trade in the 360 for more or less the same version rather than an Elite?
I know they'd give about £140 trade in for my old one if I bought an Elite but would they do the same for a new Premium (Or Pro if you want to be pedantic :p)

I can only assume your either a) nuts or b) rich.

Ultimately your going to be paying £100-150 for 12 months warranty with the retailer. Hopefully the reliability is better but really it's too early to say and if it is better then the 12 months warranty isn't going to be required?

Either way sounds like you have money to burn, so perhaps you should be doing something useful with it like giving it to charity, i.e. me :D

Edz

Edz

Soldato
It seems like the 360's are really badly made, a lot of them breaking.... Have a PS3 myself, anybody any the wiser if to these are just as bad?

The PS3 appears to be more reliable than the 360 which tbh wouldn't be hard, but it's not perfect as a few people including myself have had the disk drive fail on them.

The key difference is with the customer service. I had a brand new PS3 delivered to my door within 2 days where as I couldn't even get passed the phone call with MS when my 360 packed up, so I gave up and traded it in.

Man of Honour
Er... just buy the arcade pack for £150 IF your console breaks. It's completely idiotic to pay that much now when there's nothing wrong with your console.

Permabanned
I've also had loads of Xbox 360's break on me, in the end I just got a PS3 instead.

Just tell them you want a new model for the HDMI, don't see why there would be any problems.

Caporegime
Mines been fine for 18months, gave it to my brother and now have a HDMI version. Never had any issues, and I regularly stick it in the boot of my car to take places.

Man of Honour
Any chance of letting me know where they sell for 150?

I'm in belgium and cheapest I can find is the arcade one at 290€ which is around £210.

I can't but keep an eye on the deals websites and using vouchers and quidco you can quite easily pick an arcade up for £150 within a week or 2.

Back
Top Bottom