24" Glossy TFT - your recommendations please?

Associate
Evening,

Following on from my previous thread I now realise that if I want a glossy monitor capable of 1920x1200 then I'll have to get a 24 incher.

So, I'm just looking for your recommendations really! It seems as though there are many more matt TFTs than glossy ones :/

Cheers,
Nick

Associate
Yeah I've been trying to find some glossy 1920x1200 monitors. I don't want TN though. I think the Acer AL2616W fits this specification. I don't like how its classed as a part of the "Value Line" though :( There must be some better glossy non-TN 1920x1200 monitors? Or maybe even a glossy 1080p TV. Although I'm not so fussed about the size.

gpl

gpl

Associate
Xerox have a slight pink filter in there glass fronted screens which takes a further 25%
off the glare of the glass which is just perfect.

Honest i have seen all the others and they are not half as good at cutting out the glare as the Xerox.

Soldato
I've just got a hyundai 240D PVA through (like 20 minutes ago). And initial feelings are......its just stunning! 1080p and glossy for £250. Sounds like the bargain of the century to me.

Soldato
That's great. Where did you get it from or is it a secret?

Not a secret - t'was from good ole' OcUK. It was classified as "B grade" though. i was worried because i'd never bought b grade things before and didn't know what to expect (condition wise). But i recieved it, and the box was a bit tatty, but other than that, i've yet to find a problem with it.

Only has 1 dead pixel which i think is very good. Oh and i just looked and it was actually £270.....which means i only saved £120. :(;) oh well!! :D

Associate
Not a secret - t'was from good ole' OcUK. It was classified as "B grade" though. i was worried because i'd never bought b grade things before and didn't know what to expect (condition wise). But i recieved it, and the box was a bit tatty, but other than that, i've yet to find a problem with it.

Only has 1 dead pixel which i think is very good. Oh and i just looked and it was actually £270.....which means i only saved £120. :(;) oh well!! :D

Thanks. They're stonking monitors. PVA is the way to go for sure.

Back
Top Bottom