Alien Versus Predator 2 **SPOILERS**

Associate
I found the film really funny.
I never find horror films that scary, find it more amusing seeing how the people get killed. I have a weird mind. :o

Last edited:
Associate
Why the childish attitude when you know you're in the wrong?

What childish attitude? :confused:

I didn't feel he needed to comment on the situation at all to be fair.

The thread title was changed to reflect you were unhappy with people divulging plot information. I mearly made a light humerous retort to try settle the situation, yet he still felt the need to comment. Its typical 'Don' behaviour that I've seen in forum after forum in all my 12+ years net experience and I can't stand it.

High horse attitude, whos really being childish.

I knew what myself and others posted was wrong so to speak, didn't think it was worth making a song and dance over though.

Soldato
What childish attitude? :confused:

I didn't feel he needed to comment on the situation at all to be fair.

The thread title was changed to reflect you were unhappy with people divulging plot information. I mearly made a light humerous retort to try settle the situation, yet he still felt the need to comment. Its typical 'Don' behaviour that I've seen in forum after forum in all my 12+ years net experience and I can't stand it.

High horse attitude, whos really being childish.

I knew what myself and others posted was wrong so to speak, didn't think it was worth making a song and dance over though.
You made a mistake. You didn't apologise for the mistake (or even acknowledge that you made one). Because you made a sarcy comment instead of just saying "Sorry, didn't think!", a don pointed out said mistake. You got your knickers in a twist.

Correct me if I'm wrong here.

Soldato
Not suprised tbh.

Predator was so awesome (still is everytime I watch it) because it had ****loads of tension, that slowly built up to create this menacing atmosphere.

Nowaday's CGI and evey special effect known to man is simply chucked at the movie and then the dice are rolled. It's a hopeless situation.

Associate
Elements of this are cool especially the fx,the predator is an awesome beast.
I think it really needed a well known actor to root for (as in alien films,predator 1&2).
They really need to make another alien or predator film not both.
I read James cameron was up for doing another before fox started the avp franchise.

Soldato
Just come back from seeing this.

I had very high expectations of the first AvP, and it was absolute rubbish, prob one of the worst films I've ever seen. I expected more of the same from this but it was suprisingly 'ok'. Much better then the first and worth a watch I would say.

Soldato
Well I really enjoyed the film. Went to see it last night with a few friends who also enjoyed it. I have to say though (and I don't feel this is a spoiler in any way) just how much did they steal from the Alien films? lol. You'll now what I mean when you see it.

For the record, I really enjoyed the first film aswell, despite the obvious plot holes.

Soldato
And the line where the lady says "But Governments don't lie" had the entire cinema in stiches :)

The one attempt to be funny was pitiful. So forced. Didn't even bring a smirk to my face.

Terrible movie, stealing ideas from the good Alien films and completely making a mess. The only redeeming parts in the film was when the Aliens and the Predator were fighting...and that wasn't that great. Oh, and the fit bird in her pants.

It wasn't scary or exciting, well written or well directed.

3/10

Soldato
Went to see this last night and thought it was surprisingly good. I loved the brutalness "humans didn't matter and were just in the way" and why would Aliens or predators care about a hospital full of babies!. What it lacked in the suspense of Alien movies it made up for in share Brutality. The effects were very good, thought Aliens, Predator and Predalien were well made and looked far better than the first AVP. The Story was ok and it was nice to see Aliens in an earth city environment, I think if Ridley or James were to do a Alien 5 it could work really well based on earth.

The bad points for me were the wooden actors especially the sheriff who looked like Dev (Coronation st.). Although the Preds gadgets were cool i think having built in GPS was a step too far! And since when as any Alien or predator movie ever been an American teen movie. I mean how are we supposed to believe a handful of American teenagers can succeed where the National Guard and Army failed. One last thing, they really paid too much homage to Aliens with the whole Army woman and young girl monster conversation! Ripley and Newt anyone?

Good movie but no Alien or Predator.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom