What headphones thread

Soldato
Looking at buying some Sennheiser CX300 to pair with my archos, can anyone recomend these?

Would like some Shure's, but they are quite pricey! :(

Edit, in should be in the Hi-Fi section! oppps

Don
Looking at buying some Sennheiser CX300 to pair with my archos, can anyone recomend these?

Would like some Shure's, but they are quite pricey! :(

Edit, in should be in the Hi-Fi section! oppps

I bought these a couple of weeks ago to go with my Sony A818, I'm really Impressed, they beat my Sony Ex-85's hands down in terms of sound quality. But I do like my sound on the bassy side of things :)

Whats it like using in-ear headphones?

I don't mind the fitting, you get three 'rubbers' for different ears, its the wires that annoys me. I usually have the wire under my coat and the mp3 player in my pocket, even so there is enough slack if I move my head the wire always seems tight and thus pulling the headphone out of my ear :( So annoying.

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't mind the fitting, you get three 'rubbers' for different ears, its the wires that annoys me. I usually have the wire under my coat and the mp3 player in my pocket, even so there is enough slack if I move my head the wire always seems tight and thus pulling the headphone out of my ear :( So annoying.

My solution to that is by putting the wire down my back, seems to make turning my head easier without pulling them out or straining the wire.

Soldato
I had some Shure E2Cs for a while but they have recently broke, they are in-ears and go over the top of your ear. Basically the plastic eventually wore through from rubbing on my ear, and made the left one stop working, this has also happened twice to one of my friends.

I recently replaced them with some AKG K324Ps which are also in ears and dont go over the top of the ear. They're very light weight but fit in my ear well and sound more balanced than the E2Cs I think, they use the same drivers as the CX300S I think, maybe check them out :)

Permabanned
Aye, avoid cheap headphones on eBay, full of fake Sennheisers, Sony etc.

I wouldn't take a sellers word that they're genuine, they're hardly going to tell you they're crap sounding knock off that are barely worth the lashing some chinese kid got for making them.

Suspended
I got CX300s. Ive always hated in ear phones but love these. At first i tried them and they sounded all tinny and rubbish, i then put the largest size buds on (you get 3 sizes) and the bass and sound is so much better.
When you put them in right it sort of creates a seal, so when you take them out it 'sucks' a bit.

They are great for sitting and listening or walking but on windy days its annoying and they are not very good for running/jogging or exercise where you are moving a lot. (Same as any in ear headphones)

Best thing is they dont hurt my ears like other in ear phones did.

I still love my ipod shuffle and ipod buds for jogging though

The worst thing about them is the packaging. Its like trying to cut through steel plating. Then you try with heavy duty scissors after the first set break and neally cut the wire!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom