Happy Music!

Soldato
It's a bright sunny day here, and I'm feeling really happy and up-beat, w00t w00t!

So I need some recommendations for happy music. Nothing horrible and cliché like nu-emo-punk rock, either. Can't stand it. I've been listening to Mr. Marley, but I'm after something a little faster and less thought provoking. Songs that make you tap your feet and play drums with anything that's situated around you! :o :p

Cheers! :)

Soldato
OP
Is less than jake allowed?

Erm... I think that goes into my cliché category, from what I can remember. Sorry!

I heard a song from 'Hot Chip' on Jonathan Ross that was kinda cool, in some weird way. Trying to find that. :)

Edit: Hot Chip are really quite good and fresh. At least so far!

Last edited:
Soldato
Erm... I think that goes into my cliché category, from what I can remember. Sorry!

I heard a song from 'Hot Chip' on Jonathan Ross that was kinda cool, in some weird way. Trying to find that. :)

Edit: Hot Chip are really quite good and fresh. At least so far!

hot chip - ready for the floor

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x43kqw_hot-chip-ready-for-the-floor-live-o_music

there last album was good enough but the new one is gunna be amazing from what ive heard

wanted tickets for the tour but they sold out damn quick :(

Last edited:
Associate
Skee-Lo - 'I Wish'
Pop/rap from the mid-90's - you might recognize the hook. The lazy prance of the pianos accompanied with repetitive hi-hat and funk bass with a chorus of trumpets, adding Skee-Lo's dreamy humourous lyrics equals the summer of '95 in the park.

The Format - 'Oceans'
Okay, it's about wanting your ex-girlfriend back and lack of self-esteem, but it's far from emo. Nate Reuss' warm sincere harmonies, over a desert pop background filled with strings, handclaps, and a choir of friends really makes you feel like you're sailing across the ocean to see that ex-girlfriend...

The Rocket Summer - 'Skies So Blue'
One-man-band Bryce Avary with his self-styled indie pop/rock plays to such a young and sweet voice along the lines of The Format, about beautiful sceneries and how an ex-girlfriend brought the best out in him. His passion really brings out how colourful he sees the world. Even though the subject is about the loss of a significant other again, his delivery is far from depressing - "And I'm sorry, I sound glad - but why always be so sad?"

Incubus - 'I Wish You Were Here'
A bit of funk metal because this record just reminds me of the beach at night, the stars, the sand, the warm water sinking between your feet.. again, I think I'm reccommending "scenery songs" because that's what you can appreciate for free and forever?

Soldato
Just in case it's still a nice day today, these always put me in a good mood...

Jamie Lidell - Multiply
Nil Lara - Fighting For My Love
Counting Crows - Hanginaround, Four Days, St. Robinson In His Cadillac Dream, American Girls
Patrick Wolf - Overture, Accident & Emergency
David Kitt - Me & My Love, Faster & Faster, Say No More
Feeder - High
Flaming Lips - Ego Tripping (Self-Admiration With Blow-Up Mix), Fight Test
Guster - Amsterdam, Fa Fa, Happy Frappy, Manifest Destiny
Hold Steady - Chips Ahoy!, Knuckles

Back
Top Bottom