Importing Rock Band - Customs question

Soldato
Hey all,

I'm importing Rock Band for the PS3 - It's been in customs since Tuesday last week, and yesterday I got a letter from Customs basically telling me they want more information on the product, as well as proof of purchase, such as an invoice.

So this morning, I filled out the form, sent it off along with a print of an eBay invoice...

How long does this process add to my wait? I've already waited almost 1 month, now I have this ¬_¬

Has anyone else been in this situation? Does it take long for them to see the letter and accept it or whatever they do ¬_¬

And so help me if someone says "They're probably just delaying the delivery to you because they've opened it and are playing it themselves" :p

Thanks,
Marky

Associate
Not heard of customs wanting proof of purchase / invoice.

Would it have been sent with it marked as only worth a very low value to avoid customs charges? If so they could be querying the real value of it - ready to slap the charges on.

Associate
Yep, you need to add VAT and import duty. VAT is 17.5%, import duty on a guitar is 3.7%, on a computer disc or game it is 3.5% I'm guessing they are working out which category is the best fit to ork out what to charge as import duty.

PS If they believe that the price you paid on the invoice is inaccurate they use the current UK market value! Possibly using E-Bay UK seller as example, possibly using future UK launch price. Either way, its going to hurt

Soldato
OP
ScarySquirrel said:
They're probably just delaying the delivery to you because they've opened it and are playing it themselves.

I suppose I had that coming :p

Wrathamon said:
Not heard of customs wanting proof of purchase / invoice.

Would it have been sent with it marked as only worth a very low value to avoid customs charges? If so they could be querying the real value of it - ready to slap the charges on.

Well it was marked as £80 - whereas I paid £140 wo/delivery :p

AS_Dodger said:
"ready to slap the charges on."

Whatever the root for the interrogation, you can be this'll be the end result

Indeed :(

andymac said:
Yep, you need to add VAT and import duty. VAT is 17.5%, import duty on a guitar is 3.7%, on a computer disc or game it is 3.5% I'm guessing they are working out which category is the best fit to ork out what to charge as import duty.

PS If they believe that the price you paid on the invoice is inaccurate they use the current UK market value! Possibly using E-Bay UK seller as example, possibly using future UK launch price. Either way, its going to hurt

Sounds about right :(

Does anyone know if it'll take very long to process? Or will I be rocking out by the weekend? :p

Marky

Back
Top Bottom