MK3 Golf.....Need some advice

Soldato
any of the vag 1.9 tdi' powered beasties is a good buy

they run forever currently after smashing the ocy i'm running around in our back up octy 51 plate with a mere 340k on the clock as long as you look after them they run forever

mate of mine has one with 1/2 million miles and still going strong

Man of Honour
People seem ever so quick to use the term 'forever'. Now, whilst 340k miles on your Octavia is reasonably impressive (Though not really - any modern car run more or less 24/7 should reach this sort of mileage without major mechanical failiure) but it's a 51 plate car. It is only 6 years old, and in machinery terms, 6 years is not for ever.

If it's still going strong in 20-30 years time, do come back and tell us they run forever :p

Soldato
Why do so many people seem to be insisting on being utterly retarded on the forums tonight? :confused:

he was right though it was going to happen

and imo theres nothing at all wrong with that mk3 golf diesel for his first car...

id rather have it than my first car anyway

Man of Honour
he was right though it was going to happen

It wasn't. Half the pereived 'issue' on this forum is people wrongly guessing what others will say before they've even said it. I was not about to suggest a Group 12 Mondeo as somebodies first car.

However..

and imo theres nothing at all wrong with that mk3 golf diesel for his first car...

The N/A Golf diesel is a poor car. You can, as the OP has proved himself, buy a 1.9TD for this budget. It costs barely any more to insure and still isnt a rocket ship. The 1.9D is a pointless engine - it's not really any more economical but it's comically slow. Given it costs the same to buy as a TD why bother?

Permabanned
[TW]Fox;10972163 said:
It wasn't. Half the pereived 'issue' on this forum is people wrongly guessing what others will say before they've even said it.

And you're one of the main offenders ;)

*n

PS: My mum's old 2.0 petrol did well over 400k without complaining. Used and abused.

Back
Top Bottom