**Official ABIT IP-35 Pro Review/Overclock/Guide Thread**

Associate
I've reseated this TT twice and when priming @ 1.5v core it gets to around 75c with the fan at 100%. Might try lapping I don't know but its a lot hotter than I hoped for.

Associate
Hi, am new to all this OC malarkey, (spent the last 4 days reading up on here!), so will be giving it a blast this weekend having noted loads of different settings for the IP-35 Pro with Q6600. Nice 90 minute read this thread was!

If anyones got the setup below, what settings have you got it up to while staying stable under load?

Abit IP35 Pro / Q6600 GO 2.4ghz / 4x1GB Crucial Ballistix PC2-8500C5 1066MHz / 8800GTS / Corsair TX 650W / Corsair TX 650W

Any other advice on what I can tinker with on that kit would be good too, only got it the other day (went on here to get a new HD, and got carried away :o ) and have a whole weekend free to play!

Cheers :)

Last edited:
Associate
Hi, am new to all this OC malarkey, (spent the last 4 days reading up on here!), so will be giving it a blast this weekend having noted loads of different settings for the IP-35 Pro with Q6600. Nice 90 minute read this thread was!

If anyones got the setup below, what settings have you got it up to while staying stable under load?

Abit IP35 Pro / Q6600 GO 2.4ghz / 4x1GB Crucial Ballistix PC2-8500C5 1066MHz / 8800GTS / Corsair TX 650W / Corsair TX 650W

Any other advice on what I can tinker with on that kit would be good too, only got it the other day (went on here to get a new HD, and got carried away :o ) and have a whole weekend free to play!

Cheers :)

You dont list which hsf you have, personally I found the stock cooler to be far from adaquate for oc'n...

ManC

Associate
I've just got this mb along with the e8400.

I can't get speedstep to work even although c1e function and eist function are enabled in the bios and i'm using vista x64 and the balanced power mode selected.

Is anyone esle having this problem or is there something else in the bios that needs to be enabled.

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Associate
BIOS 14.

It must a problem with the new 45nm cpu and the motherboard, as the bios is saying the cpu is at 127c :eek:

I've sent abit an email about the problem but not heard back from them yet.

VoG

VoG

Soldato
i don't suppose any one knows when abit are gonna release a bios that supports .5 multi's do they, gone and bought a 8500 only to find the current beta bios 16.B04 hasn't enabled half multi's. :confused:

Soldato
I tried the new beta bios and my board refused to boot with my ocz pc8000 ram. Would boot fine with my corsair dominator ram though. As soon as I reflashed to v14 the ocz ram was fine. Very wierd.

Everything still rock solid tho @ 500x7 = 3.5gig and ddr1000mhz with an e6420.

Suspended
as far as i know yes.

which follows on and includes my problem. the links at the front of the thread have a great link, however using the HP tool to turn my USB pen into a boot disc, it wants Dos system files. where do i find these in vista 64bit? or get them?

and what bios's would people recommend with a E8400 and 4GB ram and a IP35 (not the pro)? (OCZ ULL SLI edition's)

Soldato
Hi all,

I was just wondering if when I upgrade the BIOS for my 8400 can I use a USB Floppy Disk drive?

Thanks

Yeh, it give you that option in the bios. It's much easier with a usb flash drive tho......

as far as i know yes.

which follows on and includes my problem. the links at the front of the thread have a great link, however using the HP tool to turn my USB pen into a boot disc, it wants Dos system files. where do i find these in vista 64bit? or get them?

Any win98boot files will do quick google and you'll be on your way.

Suspended
for a none pro version (not E) of this board what are sensible voltages for the NB and CPU and memory? my memory seems to run everyday things fine but fails after a minute of orthos stress testing.

running a E8400 @ 3.5 with Vcore at v1.19 , memory (OCZ Gold) at 2.2, NB @ 1.32?

Back
Top Bottom