NEC LCD20WGX2 - Dodgy Power Button

Dup

Dup

Soldato
It seems after the 18 months I've had this monitor, it's power button has given up.

It's been iffy for a while. I've pressed the button and nothings happened, pushed it hard and its turned on, sometimes a soft touch will turn it on. Now nothing is happening at all.

I paid the £430 premium when it was new and im a bit miffed about it. I can't really afford a new monitor and I doubt there is any sort of warranty I can use, especially when my home PC is used so much!

Has anyone else had this problem and can anyone advice on how NEC work with warranties and repairs?

Soldato
Mine is a bit iffy sometimes as well.

They've got a 3 year warranty, contact them via their website and see what they'll do, in my experience they're very good, customer service wise.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
OP
I'll give them a call from home later.

Im also worried that they require the purchase date and invoice. I have neither due to ordering from OCUK and the system changing over. Lost my emails due to HDD failure too. Silly I know, but I feel it shouldn't have a bearing on the matter. Hope it goes ok! I'm sure to get withdrawal symptoms otherwise :'(

Caporegime
yeah all the buttons are a bit dodgy, i dont know why they made them that way, they went for style over quality, i paid about £190 for mine though second hand only a few months old from members market, been well chuffed with the screen

Dup

Dup

Soldato
OP
I reckon its due to my other half pressing it down rather than in! I've givern it a good wiggle and firm press and its now working almost as it should. Will see how it goes and will see what NEC say :)

Associate
I've had the LCD20WMGX2 (the one that's also a TV - I'm in Canada (don't think that model came out in the UK)) for about a year now, and the power button on the monitor doesn't work very well at all - takes about 20 presses to turn the thing on or off...so I just use the remote it came with instead ;)

Back
Top Bottom