vista home network username and password?

Associate
Hi all, I used to have all my pc's on xp connected via home network and all worked great, i just upgraded all of them to Vista and i have the 3 pc's all connected to a netgear wireless router, when i go into network settings and view computers on network they all show up and i have file sharing options enabled, but when i try to connect to any other pc on the network i am asked for a username and password?? none of the pc's are password protected and i havnt a clue what username and password its refering to??? has vista some default username and password?? I thought maybe its my netgear router password and username it wanted but that dont work? sorry if im missing something obvious but ive been searching all afternoon for an answers and nowhere in setting up a home network does it mention you need to enter or set a username or password??:confused:

cheers and thanks for any help.

Associate
OP
Excellent thanks mate, the only other thing i had to do was actually password protect the computer i was trying to connect to as with no password entered and just the username filled out i got the message ''could not connect, reason password box cannot be blank''.

thanks again for the quik help :)

Back
Top Bottom