Captain's of crush ordered, forearm training begins!!

Permabanned
OP
Crikey, these came this morning, i got 6 out with my right and 2 with my left. To put into perspective i can wrist curl a 50kg bar and easily hold 70kg DB's in each hand. These #1's are serious bits of kit, ill keep the tread updated with progress, ill be adding these into my routine at high frequency low repetition.

In summary though, DO NOT buy the #1's if you cant meet the stats i posted above, you will at best only close them once and that wont be optimal for grip building, you'd need to get at least 3 reps out

And by the way im considering a 'rep' to be the bottoms touching NOT the range about 1/2 a cm from this where it gets difficult!

Associate
I've been suffering from grip issues a bit when doing deadlifts recently - wondering which grip trainer to start with? Atm I doing about 150kg deadlift (1 rep), but don't really know what I wrist curl....

Permabanned
OP
get the trainer and the #1, i wish i had, at least that way you can rep out on the trainer (which is at least twice the strength of a std gripper) and train up on the number 1. Doing the number one isnt hard if you cheat, but closing it completley is extremely tough and like i said im hardly a weakling (6'2" 240lbs)

PAz

PAz

Soldato
I really need to get the #2

Had #1 for ages but never had the money to really spend on the next level. Got paid today so might have to make an order :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Didnt do as badly as I feared, got 5 good reps with each hand on the #1, and can do 1 good rep with each hand on the #2.

Going to incorporate these into my routine, 4 days a week and see how it goes.

Sam C

Soldato
Didnt do as badly as I feared, got 5 good reps with each hand on the #1, and can do 1 good rep with each hand on the #2.

you can do a rep on the #2 straight out of the box? I find that very unlikey especially if you can only do 5 reps with the #1. Most people get to 12+ reps on one before they can do a single on the next one up.

Soldato
Hmm, thought it was too easy.
Have just re-read the instructions and I dont believe that I am not doing it quite right.Cant fully close the 2 now...

Will have another crack tomorrow and get one of my friends to cast an eye over what I am doing and tell me what I am doing wrong.

Sam C

Soldato
I can do 5 reps fully closed with right hand on #1, about 3 on left hand.

Some work to go me thinks! Still, my friends can't even close the thing :D

Great little toy. My thanks to OP.

How can you get it wrong?:confused:

I'm not sure how you can "accidentally" close a #2
Like me on my first attempt - I don't think he closed them all the way ||, merely /\.

Man of Honour
get the trainer and the #1, i wish i had, at least that way you can rep out on the trainer (which is at least twice the strength of a std gripper) and train up on the number 1. Doing the number one isnt hard if you cheat, but closing it completley is extremely tough and like i said im hardly a weakling (6'2" 240lbs)

I can deadlift 190kg without gloves or chalk or straps - do you reckon I'd be ok on the #1? Or should I get the trainer too?

Soldato
I can deadlift 190kg without gloves or chalk or straps - do you reckon I'd be ok on the #1? Or should I get the trainer too?
#1 was fine for me, and I haven't done intense weights in a year or so, just usual stuff.

The way I see it is, if you can't do it, it's no biggy, put it away and buy the trainer. Then progress to no. 1 over time.

Soldato
3 useful techniques.

1. Negatives - Get a gripper you can't close (Eg when i was training for the #2 i used a #3) Use 2 hands to close it and let it out with a slow (10sec) negative.

2. Overcrushes - Take a gripper that you can get a few reps with, and really try to mash it, i mean go balls out and try to crush it into dust, do this for 10 seconds or so)

3. Static holds- Again with a gripper you can close for at least 2-3, stick a small penny in between the ends and try to hold it shut so the penny doesn't drop. Try to improve on your time.

Helps if you're like me and have a few grippers to play with :p

Oh and chalk helps a lot as well ;)

Back
Top Bottom