ps3 is dead - anybody else had any probs with their's

Soldato
if sony wont do anything then im not going to be impressed

Shouldnt blame Sony - they always tried to block imports for this very reason -and get slaughtered for it - and as soon as a fault occurs they get slaughtered for that too , pretty stupid really

Im sorry a unit has failed so quickly, but thats the risk taken when importing

Associate
OP
will post up later after i have rang them and see what they say - otherwise i will be contacting the guy i bought it off and go through paypal as he said it was international warranty

Associate
One of the guys I work with imported a 60 gig from Canada, you'll get on fine with the phone reps until they ask you for the serial number and then that's you out of luck unfortunately. It's a risk you take when importing.

He managed to arrange sending his back to the people he bought it from for a swap in the end.

Caporegime
In this day and age we have never been more connected. Why do multi-national companies stick to this regional guarantee malarky? We should be free to buy our products and use them anywhere said company has a presence.

Associate
sonys customer services is so much better than the competition. It took me ages, in fact four phone calls to cancel my £39.99 generic online service

Soldato
I would guess the reason why their lasers seem to fail so much is they tend to (PS1 aside) dabble in new laser technologies and try to churn them out on a budget. The PS2 and PS3 were the cheapest DVD and Blu-ray players respectively on the market when they were released, the result of this is a huge amount of affordable, untested, technology circulating the market, it's unsurprising they tend to have teething problems.

Caporegime
sonys customer services is so much better than the competition. It took me ages, in fact four phone calls to cancel my £39.99 generic online service

Oh ho, he's being clever using Green. Microsoft use Green. It's so witty.
If Xbox Live is generic then what is PSN?
As for 4 phone calls, it took me 1.

Associate
Looks like my laser's dodgy too - machine is freezing when playing blu-rays and requires a physical switch off. Games don't seem to be affected.

With the 60 gb being discontinued, where will I stand on getting this changed? It's only 3 months old! Should I try Sony first, or the high street shop I bought it from?

Cheers.

Soldato
I'd definitely try Sony first, they're very good at getting replacement consoles out. A shop may not have 60GB stock and you'd end up with a 40GB console at a guess.

Back
Top Bottom