Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Thats aa great view, I love it when you go out for a ride and find some great views. Nothing as special as that though around here :p

Hopefully at the weekend I will be out riding, I'l get some pictures of the local country side and wildlife ;)

Soldato
one from todays ride, woohoo no rain! :)
260108_02.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
last march at £997. you can get them this year for cheaper they're about £800 now or with full xt kit £900, with quite a long build time on the malt, worth the wait :)

Soldato
Just got a new bicycle, road bicycle, its a Carrera Vanquish 2004 version, 18 speed, those tiagra gears, well easy to pick up too.

To me it still feels abit hard into the wind, certainly faster than my saracen and out of the wind its pretty fast!. Now guy in shop said £250 then he looked on the pc and said oh well the RRP is still £349 for this so he said make me an offer, should have said £150 and worked my way up but I said 270 quid but got it for £255 in the end.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v319/thehub/DSC00763.jpg

DSC00762.jpg

I know compared to some of you guys its probs not much but I think its not bad tbh. The frame is S for small I guess, I'm 5ft 10 I think, I'm wondering if I should raise the handlebars abit.

Soldato
Same place as your sig

Taken at the blue dot in the middle of the GPS track for that ride, top of Mt Tamalpais in the Marin headlands, CA. Looking down towards San Francisco on the right with the skyscrapers which is where we started at the Golden Gate Bridge. Basically where mountain biking is considered to have started.
gg2isxi9.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm becoming obsessed with mountainbiking!
Why oh why didn't I properly discover this sport earlier in life! I guess it's not "too late"at 28 years old, but would have been awesome being at a higher skill level by now :p

Already saving for my next bike next year- thinking about the Kona Coilair
2K8_COILAIR.jpg

Bikes are well expensive in the UK though, might have to fly over to the states with an old bike as luggage, buy a new one there, and dump the old one and voila - no tax on my return :D

ps: Swinley forest is awesome!

Last edited:
Associate
Anyone else going to http://www.bikedemodays.com and try out some bikes come august?
I'm going to the one close to Aston hill

One of my mates works there so will be going to the Coed Y Brenin one on the 24th, but will also be going there to help set up, so hoping there might be a few bikes that I can take out before the general public get a chance :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom