PS2 RPG games on PS3.

-K-

-K-

Permabanned
Hi basically I am into RPG games, but there is a lack of it atm on the PS3. I was wondering which PS2 RPG game would work on the PS3, or is there any website that provides such info? Many thanks.

-K-

-K-

Permabanned
OP
I can personally vouch for Final Fantasy X, X-2, XII, Kingdom Hearts and Dragon Quest VIII.

Cheers mate, those are the ones I am looking at really. And suikoden as well + rogue galaxy. Well FF XII alone should get me going for a while.

And Abooie, I got the 60GB version. Is there any difference between the 60GB and 80GB besides the HDD size?

Soldato
Cheers mate, those are the ones I am looking at really. And suikoden as well + rogue galaxy. Well FF XII alone should get me going for a while.

And Abooie, I got the 60GB version. Is there any difference between the 60GB and 80GB besides the HDD size?

Heh, there's so many PS3 revisions I forgot the 60GB. Yours should play all PS2 games (it has the chips in) so no worries.

Associate
If your PS3 is compatible then you are in luck as the PS2 has loads of great RPG's. I'm just waiting for them to turn up on the PS3.

Shadow Hearts 1,2,3
Suikoden 3 and 5
Dragon Quest VIII
Wild Arms series
Star Ocean III
Zenosaga 1,2,3
Digital Devil Saga 1,2
Nocture
Kingdom Hearts
Valkyrie Profile 2

This is to list but a few. Have a look on the net and see the great reviews they have.

Have fun:)

Associate
I'm loving Final Fantasy XII right now

me too :), first time I ever played any of the Final Fantasy series and it's brilliant!! Probably my favourite battle system out of all the rpgs I've played (although I do have a soft spot for the Skies of Arcadia system against bosses only (due to its repetitiveness)) :)

Soldato
I'm over 18hrs in and seriously considering restarting due to wanting to change my characters around, I wish there was a way to reset the license board lol.

Its quite easy to amend your license board if you have made an error, just farm Ap for a while and you can get em back on track (and it means you will have less to unlock later on)

Soldato
i know theyre ps1 games but suikoden 1 and 2 are definately better than the ps2 versions of the games. i didnt really like the ps2 version, they seemed very linear compared to previous installments. i'll second shadow hearts though! its a brilliant game. nice set of characters aswell.

Soldato
best rpgs i played on the ps2:

final fantasy 10,12
shadow hearts: covenant
rogue galaxy

and some of the worst:
shadow hearts (really poor production value)
star ocean (one of the worst battle systems ive seen)

Associate
Mine doesn't! It keeps telling me to plug in a DS2 controller. How did you do it?

Siaxis disconnects itself when you start the PS2 emulator. Simply pres the PS button to re-connect it and then press X :)

Oh and as for RPG's you should look into picking up the Xenosaga games. One of my all time favourite rpg franchises. Not sure if you can get the original PS1 games on Pal though and the Pal PS2 game is rare as rocking horse ****.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom