Fixing laptop

Soldato
hey guys

ive been trying to fix my laptop for ages now but cant get anywhere with it :( basically windows loads then blue screens and restarts, this repeats on and on and it will never get into windows at all

the cd drive wont boot and none of the floppy disks ive tried let you look at any of the drives :(

is it possible to somehow repair the install or copy the windows cd over to the hard drive then install straight from the drive? i can get an adapter thingy so i can plug the drive into my pc, but im just not sure how i could go about repairing the install that way

any help much appreciated :D:D:D:D

Soldato
Last edited:
Caporegime
Hi there,

I presume you have looked in the bios to see if the cd-drive is infact in the boot order? Might be worth taking a look.

Also you could try booting windows with either last known good configuration or safe mode...Believe that's achieved bu pressing F5 normally while the system is booting.

Do you know the reason why it's blue screening? Or did it randomly start happening one day.

Soldato
OP
the drive is set to boot in the bios, and the disk spins up for a few seconds then stops, i know the disk is bootable cos it works fine in other computers

safe mode, last known good config etc all the same, i cant read the blue screen cos it only flashes up for 2 seconds

is started doing it after i pulled the power out with no battery by mistake, oops :(

Back
Top Bottom