Health and Safety does it again.

Caporegime
Saw the pictures of the choristers racing it last year and thought it looked nice. Rippon is a lovely cathedral, have sung there several times.

Permabanned
they have a responsibility to ensure it gets held safely so what's the issue?

Needless bureaucracy.

If a child of mine were taking part in such an event and fell over, I'd view it as an accident, one of those things that happens. I wouldn't go screaming into the nearest solictors office looking for someone to blame and screw money out of.

Soldato
OP
My Lions Club is currently organising a fun day event to raise money.

you should see how much form filling has to take place.

For each possible item/action a risk assessment has to be completed in advance.

as 1 parameter changes the whole thing has to be re done to see what might happen.

We even have to include the chance of a satellite de-orbiting and impacting the field on which the event will take place. FYI risk of occurrence low but risk of injury if event happens high.
This takes up meetings every week for the next few months until we do a final one on the day.

By the way without doing all of this insurance companies are not interested in even quoting.

We will end up with a book of about 300 A4 pages by the time we are done.

Soldato
My Lions Club is currently organising a fun day event to raise money.

you should see how much form filling has to take place.

For each possible item/action a risk assessment has to be completed in advance.

as 1 parameter changes the whole thing has to be re done to see what might happen.

We even have to include the chance of a satellite de-orbiting and impacting the field on which the event will take place. FYI risk of occurrence low but risk of injury if event happens high.
This takes up meetings every week for the next few months until we do a final one on the day.

By the way without doing all of this insurance companies are not interested in even quoting.

We will end up with a book of about 300 A4 pages by the time we are done.

Proof that we should leave the EU :D

Associate
Needless bureaucracy.

If a child of mine were taking part in such an event and fell over, I'd view it as an accident, one of those things that happens. I wouldn't go screaming into the nearest solictors office looking for someone to blame and screw money out of.

i understand of course (i wouldn't sue either and it's ott what's expected) but unfortunately i think we're in the minority - most people would sue :(

Man of Honour

But sadly lots of parents would: councils lose thousands a year in claims for damages, all paid for by the local tax-payers.

M

Back
Top Bottom