Can you forward calls?

Soldato
Hi,
I want to get another (probably mobile) phone (for business calls only), but when out i don't want to carry two phones. Is there a way to forward calls from one phone to another, whenever i want?

And if so, is there any way of showing on the other phone that it is a call that has been redirected?

Associate
1. You can divert calls to any number if you're on a pay monthly contract (I think you can only divert to the voicemail if you're on PAYG). The option is usually in a Call Divert menu somewhere.

2. Diverted calls (i.e. the call that your 1st mobile must make, in order to forward the call to the other phone) is not usually included in the allowance, if I remember correctly. Might have changed by now but that was my understanding last time I checked.

3. I think your 2nd phone (the receiver of the diverted call) will show the phone number of your 1st phone (the sender of the diverted call) so you should be able to tell it is being diverted from your other phone.

Associate
But also, my point was that when you pay for the forwarded call, I was told it doesn't even come off your monthly allowance - you have to pay for every minute of it. Best to check with your network before you end up paying 40p/min or something ridiculous!

Back
Top Bottom