iPhone software unlocked OOTB 1.1.2 and 1.1.3

Associate
So in a nutshell does this all mean that I could buy an iPhone today and with no extra expense set it up to use my Orange sim?

I was thinking of getting an iPod touch but being able to replace my phone as well makes me think the extra cost would be worth it, I just don't want/need the O2 contract.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

So in a nutshell does this all mean that I could buy an iPhone today and with no extra expense set it up to use my Orange sim?

I was thinking of getting an iPod touch but being able to replace my phone as well makes me think the extra cost would be worth it, I just don't want/need the O2 contract.

Yes.

You have to downgrade to 1.1.1
Hack it to bypass activation, prep it and install "installer"
Update to 1.1.2, run a 1.1.2 jailbreak
Soft-update to 1.1.3 in installer
Run 1.1.3 GEOHOTz unlocker from installer
Insert Orange SIM

It sounds complex but it's very very easy if you follow the guides :)

Soldato
Yes.

You have to downgrade to 1.1.1
Hack it to bypass activation, prep it and install "installer"
Update to 1.1.2, run a 1.1.2 jailbreak
Soft-update to 1.1.3 in installer
Run 1.1.3 GEOHOTz unlocker from installer
Insert Orange SIM

It sounds complex but it's very very easy if you follow the guides :)

EVH... Sorry it me again.... But can i ask since my phone is already jailbroken and is using my o2 sim card not the one i had with the phone and is already soft updated to 1.1.3 i used justin method. Am i able to just run the 1.1.3 GEOHOTSz then?

Soldato
EVH... Sorry it me again.... But can i ask since my phone is already jailbroken and is using my o2 sim card not the one i had with the phone and is already soft updated to 1.1.3 i used justin method. Am i able to just run the 1.1.3 GEOHOTSz then?

Yes, add the iclarified source and you will find the app in there :)

Associate

This is exactly what I did. Was on an O2 simplicity tariff for all of a day before this hack came out. Ran the geo-wotsit and stuck my T-Mob sim in. So simple! :D

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

It becomes a longer process if you buy a fresh 1.1.2 / 1.1.3 OOTB.

I had to downgrade, and upgrade in to the 1.1.2 jailbreak before I could run the GEOHOTz unlock.

Slightly longer process, but if you're already jailbroken then it's no worries :D

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Do all of the 1.1.3 features work after the GEOHOTz upgrade?

Everything works as far as I can tell, YouTube and syncing are normal, but I haven't tested the "locate me" feature within maps*

It has all the jiggly icons and other features of 1.1.3 though!

*That may not work purely because it's specific to the legit-tariff/02 SIM :)

Soldato
I currently have a jailbroken 1.1.2 phone, with an 02 simplicity. To get to 1.1.3, all I would need to do is use the GEOHOTz update?

Soldato
Edit: Wait, no..

Follow the 1.1.3 guide in the sticky, then use GEOHOTz to use any sim card. (Providing you no longer want o2)

Last edited:

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

To get from a jailbroken 1.1.2 iPhone -> Fully unlocked 1.1.3 iPhone you need to do this..

• Open installer.app
  • Update installer.app to the latest version (select sources in the bottom right, and click reload to check)
  • When that's installed go back to sources in the bottom right.
  • Select "edit" in the top right, and then "add" in the top left
  • Add in the website "http://installer.iClarified.com" and press ok
  • Now go back to the installer menu and press on the iClarified menu.
  • Press the "1.1.3 softupdate & jailbreak"
  • Wait for that to install (takes a while because it downloads the 1.1.3 firmware via your WiFi connection).
  • When the iPhone reboots go back to installer.app
  • Install BSD subsystem 2.1
  • When that's complete go to Installer.app, select the iClarified menu and press the GeoHotz unlock
  • Done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
So you dont have to run the unlock in firmware 1.1.1, you can do it straight from a jailbroken 1.1.3 then ?

Not that im planning on it, messing with the base band may have issues with future updates im not sure though + the O2 contract i have at the moment suits my needs perfectly

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

So you dont have to run the unlock in firmware 1.1.1, you can do it straight from a jailbroken 1.1.3 then ?

Not that im planning on it, messing with the base band may have issues with future updates im not sure though + the O2 contract i have at the moment suits my needs perfectly

If you have updated to 1.1.3 then you have the latest baseband.. there's no going back down, regardless of which firmware you install.

Now, If you are running a jailbroken 1.1.2 or 1.1.3 iPhone you can fully unlock it by choosing the GEOHOTz unlock from Installer.

The hard part is getting to jailbroken 1.1.2 or 1.1.3 in the first place ;)

Soldato
To get from a jailbroken 1.1.2 iPhone -> Fully unlocked 1.1.3 iPhone you need to do this..

• Open installer.app
  • Update installer.app to the latest version (select sources in the bottom right, and click reload to check)
  • If you have the latest installer.app then go to "system" and install the BSD subsystem 2.0
  • When that's installed go back to sources in the bottom right.
  • Select "edit" in the top right, and then "add" in the top left
  • Add in the website "http://installer.iClarified.com" and press ok
  • Now go back to the installer menu and press on the iClarified menu.
  • Press the "1.1.3 softupdate & jailbreak"
  • Wait for that to install (takes a while because it downloads the 1.1.3 firmware via your WiFi connection).
  • When the iPhone reboots go back to installer.app and select the iClarified menu.. go back and press the GeoHotz unlock
  • Done.

Smashing, might give that a go in the morning. Thanks.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

No worries :)

You can't mess it up to be honest, just add the source and away you go in 5 mins.

Soldato
Sorry, two more questions, does the update conflict with any other apps installed like Summerboard, and if I stick with my 02 simplicity do I need to do the GEOHOTz part or does the iClarified install jailbreak it to 02?

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

The iClarified installer updates a jailbroken 1.1.2 iPhone -> 1.1.3

You can use the GeoHotz part to unlock either the 1.1.2 or 1.1.3 iPhone.

I recommend updating to 1.1.3 using iClarified and THEN running the GeoHotz installer.

You only need to jailbreak it to 1.1.3 (using iClarified) to use a 02 sim, but obviously if you run the GeoHotz installer then you cover yourself against any sims you may want to use :)

Associate
Can anyone confirm Vodafone edge settings for me please

Ive managed to unload my O2 contract to the missus and now back on my beloved Vodafone Contract :D

I had no problems with O2, infact i think the current £35 contract is very good but Vodafone and there coverage and customer service is second to none IMO :D

Different Wallpaper what do you think?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom