iPhone software unlocked OOTB 1.1.2 and 1.1.3

Associate
I cant even see the edge menu on my iphone so how do we get to alter the settings?

/settings/general/network/edge

Im running 1.1.3 jailbroken/unlocked not sure if it matters

I used the Dev's 1.1.3-3 update as i think any uk firmware doesnt contain the edge setting function

Last edited:
Soldato
I dont see edge on mine. But mine is jailbroken and free to use any o2 sim card but not unlock to use any network not sure if that makes a different and i used the Dev softupdate too

Associate
Can you go from 1.1.2OTB, upgrade officially via itunes to 1.1.3, and then drop back down to 1.1.2 if you need to?

Currently on legit O2 iphone contract, still on 1.1.2OTB. I only need to unlock the phone occasionally when I go abroad to use foreign SIMs. Generally quite happy on the O2 contract and will probs only use apps that come from the SDK.

Now that there is real 1.1.2 software unlock (geohot's one), can I upgrade to 1.1.3/4 etc and use the full functions, and just downgrade to 1.1.2 and unlock/jailbreak it when I need to travel?

I only worry coz I hear that once you go to 1.1.3 you cant downgrade to the 1.1.2 baseband anymore, which just leaves you with and ipod touch and no phone function. this this correct?

Associate
OP
If you have updated to 1.1.3 then you have the latest baseband.. there's no going back down, regardless of which firmware you install.

Now, If you are running a jailbroken 1.1.2 or 1.1.3 iPhone you can fully unlock it by choosing the GEOHOTz unlock from Installer.

The hard part is getting to jailbroken 1.1.2 or 1.1.3 in the first place ;)

If you did a 1.1.3 update with iTunes, you can still downgrade and use geohot hack to downgrade your baseband.

Soldato
Can confirm this 100% works.

Already on 1.1.3 (Jailbroken, with o2 via the 'Official 1.1.3 Upgrader' in Installer)

Added the source http://installer.iClarified.com

Went to iClarified under Install, then installed 'Geohot Unlock (1.1.2, 1.1.3)'

Inserted T-Mobile PAYG sim and it works. EDGE menu is also there.

When you do this, make sure Auto-Lock is set to never.

Soldato

Already on 1.1.3 (Jailbroken, with o2 via the 'Official 1.1.3 Upgrader' in Installer)

Just done this and the edge menu is not there at all when the o2 sim card is in. But i tried my Orange sim card in the Edge menu is there.. Very strange

Last edited:
Soldato

Did you have any other apps installed before like Summerboard?

Back
Top Bottom