How much do you spend on food a week/month?

Associate
I aim to spend £35 a week on food. It was previously much higher since I was going into M&S each day to buy lunch and that was costing about £6 a pop! Saving buckets now too and eating much better.

Associate
Between £55-£70pw. I have no idea how you spend £15pw on food, you must each some utter rubbish :rolleyes:

Heck an Innocent Smoothie is £3.20 alone...

Associate
Your health is the most important thing in the world to you, and what you put inside you is key to that.

... Theres cheap ways to feed yourself, but its a shame to see people almost in competition to spend as little as possible filling themselves with processed factory slops, while they blow the rest of their money on meaningless consumer goods.

Having said that, if you know how to cook, then you can do it on a budget for sure - but i think the majority of people arent doing that.

Soldato
I spend about £40 at the supermarket (usually asda or tesco, if not sainsburys) every week and a half / 2weeks.

This is further topped up with little essentials like milk/bread etc at the local shop so I'd say £30/week covers it all including the odd takeaway or meal out.

This expense is not important to me: as mentioned previously in the thread, health and well being is of the utmost importance to me, and therefore my diet is vital. A balanced diet seems to be the key to me. I eat well- varied and tasty food with lots of treats too- its exercise that allows for the choc's/treats :) As long as its got low salt-content I'm happy to eat it. Although I never eat pre-packed meals/readymeals and always attempt to cook fresh :)

Eat well everyone!

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
For the month I'm home, I'll spend about £250-£300 on food for myself. I mostly buy good quality stuff like Tesco finest bacon and sausages (1 packet of bacon every morning for breakfast :D) and 28 day hung sirloin/fillet steak etc. If I can be bothered, I like to get my meat from a proper butcher but they're not easy to find nowadays.

I always think, if you want to cook good food, you have to have good ingredients first. As the old saying goes, "you can't make a silk purse out of a pigs ear" :p

I'll probably spend as much, or frequently more, on good malt whiskies (I've paid £200 for a bottle before).

Soldato
I spend about £20 a week on food for 1 person. sometimes less! Not sure how some people manage to spend the amounts they do from reading this. I'm a 5 min walk from morrison's and sainsbury's and a 5 min drive from asda and tesco. I probably visit any of these supermarkets 2-3 times a week. Almost everything i buy is on special offer. More expensive items like coffee i always buy in advance on 2 for 1 offers. Coke/pepsi is ALWAYS on offer 2 for £2 or buy one get one free somewhere, i've never paid the full price and i've NEVER ran out either so whats ther point paying full price? In morrison's they put the special offer frozen food all together and most the items in my freezer are from there for £1 each. I'm really not fussy with brands and just buy whichever one is on offer. If there was a chicago town pizza for £2.99 and a goodfellas pizza on offer for £1 i would buy the cheaper one. Again, there is always known brand pizza on offer for £1. I know a lot of people daren't do this if it means changing and trying new food. Thats their problem.

And i'm not tight with money! I pretty much spend all my money each month, i just direct it in more fun channels:p

Last edited:
Associate
about £40 a week on the 'big food shop' - but we might also spend the odd £10 on little things we've forgotten, or when treats are required in the week!

we're both vegetarian - have a main meal at dinner time, sandwiches or salads for lunch, and cereal or toast for breakfast.
we try and eat healthily - and to buy local / organic produce where appropriate - and would never buy 'own value brand' or 'cheap quality' foods - but if things are on by 1 get 1 free, or on offer, we might buy more than we need, just to keep in!

Soldato
About 170 a month for me and the brother - but this includes all household items like loo roll, cleaning products, shampoo, soap ect.

Soldato
19, Male student (living at home), I spend about £45-60 weekly.

I like to eat proper food and I'm usually on the move so I'm forced to eat out and then I do shopping for home. I train as well, so I eat often.

Soldato
I was going over the in-comings/out-goings for the last month this morning, it looks like on average I'm spending £35 a week on the main Sainsbury's shop, (which is done online so that includes the delivery charge and non-food shopping i.e. cleaning supplies etc), plus ~£10-15 week in M&S for a few bits and pieces.

That's just for me.

Back
Top Bottom