Guild wars... guild

Soldato
Halloes,

I decided to get back into guild wars recently and resume my struggle to obtain the 'people know me' title (you'll only know what i mean if you actually play guild wars). It's been about 3 months since i logged into guild wars, i became quite friendly with my fellow guild members in the past and thus knew i wouldn't have been kicked in my absence. First thing i noticed was a tasty 2nd birthday present in my oldest characters inventory which i promptly opened and then i checked the guild roster to see who was online.

I was right, they hadn't kicked me from the guild, but they had all disbanded leaving me, alone with a couple of other people who had obviously given up on GW too.

So basically, i need a guild, i saw mention of a OCUK one previously, however i'm not sure if it's still going, also i'm not much of a PVPer, i love helping people in PVE etc and ideally thats the sort of guild i would end up in.

Any suggestions?

Soldato
Hey, this proberbly does not answer your question but I just want to ask if you are up for meeting in game some time as I am wanting to get back into guild wars but have had no one to come along and help me with missions.

Is it only the origional guild wars you have? I have factions and Nightfall.

Permabanned
At the moment I'm the leader of the "The Godless" (See sticky post above). That said though, the majority of our major players, notice I said major and not good ;), have migrated over to WoW which means that the Guild is slowly going downhill. There's hardly anyone on at all, but if you want an invite I'll invite you in a minute as I'm just about to go and try for a Celestial Rat mini-pet.

Soldato
OP
Sounds good to me, however I doubt i'll be on at all tonight - i'm currently stuck with the parents so i'm borrowing their pc with its insanely powerful 6200GT, playing any game on that is torture. Heading back home tomorrow so hopefully i'll catch you online then.

Permabanned
Ok, I'll invite you now then and you can accept it when you get back home. :)

EDIT: You need to leave your present guild before I can invite you.

Soldato
I could do with playing this again a bit myself, got the 1st and 2nd chapter and my own guild with halls and all but no one in it:D Joined a friends guild, stopped playing for like a year, came back on and it was all left to me...

Soldato
I was lucky, got the rat on about my 20th fortune.. my guild (read, small bunch of irl friends most of which dont play anymore) and most of all guildleader, have done hundreds to no avail.

as said in the sticky, name is Ceryn Ashar if anyone sees me on and fancies some teamage.

Permabanned
Just this minute got my Rat after about 100 Lunar Tokens. That'll do me for this Canthan celebration, I have the Rat, a Lion Mask and a few crates of fireworks.

Soldato
I brought Guildwars between SWG and WOW I liked the game but was so lonely :( Seemed most of the chat around me was foreign so I was a little lost, I have started from scratch 3-4 times now, I would really like to try and get into it, I only have the first one Factions through.

SIB

SIB

Associate
Like you guys i played Guild Wars to death about a year ago and then stopped for about a year. Just getting back into it now and have completed the main missions in prophecies, 2 misisons away from completeing Nightfall and have just started factions (yes, i know i have done them in the wrong order!! :D).
Currently trying to do some missions in Sorrows Furnace with my Propechies character and keep getting killed in the Nightfall main mission (the one where you fight 2 level 30 bosses "Gate of something").

Soldato
OP
Nightfall becomes criminally hard in the last few missions, best way to deal with it is to level up your lightbringer rank a bit doing quests before you head into the underworld - the damage reduction bonus the title gives is a life saver.

SIB

SIB

Associate
Nightfall becomes criminally hard in the last few missions, best way to deal with it is to level up your lightbringer rank a bit doing quests before you head into the underworld - the damage reduction bonus the title gives is a life saver.

Cheers, will have to give that a try. Enjoyed the game up to this point but am now getting fed up with it :(

Soldato
I liked guildwars but to be honest it doesn't compare with WoW. when playing I always felt I'd be enjoying playing WoW more.

only got a lvl 9 character so I know I've not seen much of the game, but from what I can gather is that there doesn't seem to be that mouch in the way of armour or weapon rewards, so not giving me something to work towards.

If I'm wrong please correct me though :)

also got an additional question, can warriors use two handed swords, or is it just 1 handers and shields?

Last edited:
Soldato
Prob gonna be playing on and off tonight, whats your in game name willhub?

I cant remember my name, I'll try find it out tonight, I never got on last night so I might try tonight or tomorrow.

How many missions are they? Thats why I stopped playing guild wars, I got stuck on an early mission in nightfall lol, also what happenes when all missions are compleated?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom