Chillout Trance

Associate
I have just got back from Amsterdam with a few mates and the soundtrack to our holiday was definatly Sasha - Wavy Gravy. I usually dont give chillout trance much credit (it was never really my thing) but this song has really got me looking for similar tracks, someone suggested the Chicane mix of Furry Phreaks - Soothe which is excellent.

Could you rabble of knowledgable people please suggest me some chillout trance?

Cheers,

Craig

Cob

Cob

Soldato
I wouldn't really class Xpander as chill-out.

But the other three tracks on the Xpander EP (Belfunk, Rabbitweed and Baja) certainly are.

Suspended
I specifically remember a chillout mix of Cosmic Gate - Melt into the ocean when i was in the dam a few years ago. When the melody kicked in it was great :)

Soldato
Northern Exposure CD1

Possible my favourite mix album of ANY genre. Truly amazing stuff. Although it's nearer progressive house IMO it's definitely trance as well.
Cheapest it goes on a big music website is for £45 second hand, up to someone thinking it's worth £150!!

It's got 26 reviews 25 at 5*, 1 at 4*. And I can see why. Along with 'LTJ Bukem - Logical Progression' it was the definitive late nite soundtrack to my early days of dance music. I think I need to start a Norther Exposure appreciation thread, lol

Here's a customer review from the same place
All I know is, from the day I bought it (28-8-96. Yes, I remember the date!) to right now. It has basically defined my life.

Soldato
Possible my favourite mix album of ANY genre. Truly amazing stuff. Although it's nearer progressive house IMO it's definitely trance as well.
Cheapest it goes on a big music website is for £45 second hand, up to someone thinking it's worth £150!!

It's got 26 reviews 25 at 5*, 1 at 4*. And I can see why. Along with 'LTJ Bukem - Logical Progression' it was the definitive late nite soundtrack to my early days of dance music. I think I need to start a Norther Exposure appreciation thread, lol

Here's a customer review from the same place

Yep - it still sends tingles down the back of my neck (not to mention the reminiscing)...I managed to get my hands on both 1 and 2 in the original paperback sleeves a couple of years ago - they are my pride and joy :)

Associate
OP
Thanks for all of the suggestions guys, keep them coming :)

Hopefully I can find most of these tracks on the ITMS!

Cheers,

Craig

Quick Edit: Northern Exposure, is that Vol. 1 or Vol. 2 you guys are on about?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom