Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
ITT we talk about never taking our bikes out in public again :p

It is pretty worrying how easy it must be to steal a bike though!:)

My bike isn't the greatest, but a £425 Giant Terrago with ZOMG DISC BRAKES M8 does attract a lot of attention in Cambridge. Most people have crappy £60 Halfords models, or horrible looking city bikes.

The £40 or so I pay for insurance is definitely worth it. It's bound to be nicked at some point. If not the bike, then the front forks.

/reconsiders buying better forks

Permabanned
Heres some new and update pics of the Giant Glory. Gave her a bit of a service after Moelfre ate my shocks bushes and wheel bearings lol!

Also note the damage to the Bash Guard which the new Moelfre rock garden done :-\

pbpic1766252.jpg

pbpic1766251.jpg

pbpic1766250.jpg

pbpic1766247.jpg

pbpic1766248.jpg

What ya think?

Associate
My first new bike for many a year, shots from last spring, still running at stock except a saddle change to selle italia gel. although i am now considering shortening the stem and increasing the angle to run straights bars as i find it uncomfortable on the outside of my palm on the riser bar and fitting bar ends.
its currently shod with armadillo road tyres for riding at night as it has been so so wet and i am not a fan of riding at night on my own for saftey reasons really. I am hoping to enter some marathon races this year.

817152327_8663fb4ee3.jpg

818031356_05e95252be.jpg

818027102_d01694e02b.jpg

818028246_5718a3ba4e.jpg

Associate
hi looking for some advice, I'm riding a trek fuel ex 9.5, see pics a few above here.
The riser bars are not working for me, i chose the bike as its a bit more upright position compared to the ridiculous nose down, i am getting on in years, arse up XC bike i used to ride.
However the risers make the outside of my hand sore, the palm below my little finger, leading to pins and needles. I guess as a road rider too, i am used to riding a flatter hand position.
The way is see it i need to increase the angle of the stem and return to a flatter bar.
are there any recommendations, are there riser bars that are flatter without the upsweep and is there any way of calculating the stem replacement to maintain the bar height, does that all make sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom