Selling online, am I being scammed?

Associate
Why not meet half way you will let her return the books but you you will refund her minus your postage costs. If you do that make sure she returnts the books first and they are in the same condition as when you posted them. At least this way she got less reason to complain /leave poor feedback about you.

ZuG

ZuG

Associate
OP
what you should do is say to send them back and if they are as new you will offer a full refund and then when you get them say you never recieved them, or if they are sent signed for don't sign for it and she will have lost her postage and then you can't refund her.

I was thinking of doing that. The more I think about it the more I think I am being scammed. Screw her!

Soldato
There really is nothign to say that you were initially scammed.
Many a package can and will go missing in the post and to be honest you were foolish not to send the items recorded delivery.
Recorded delivery gives you £35 worth of protection - if you need any more then you should consider using Special Delivery.

That aside, there is no reason why you should accept the return of the second set.
You should point out that there is no refund option.
Say that you have supplied what was agreed and as far as you are concerned that is the end of the transaction.

There is no need to "get her back" - there is no proof at all that she is lying in the first instance.

Soldato
Tell her to get lost.

I mean you did her a favour by sending another one off and now she is just trying to pull a fast one by asking for a refund.

Soldato
First class is still insured - just like recorded, recorded does nothing but track when it is delivered.

My advice would be to claim against royal mail for the loss of the first lot and advise the customer to send you back the 2nd lot for the refund - of course product only no delivery charges there or back.

In future I'd suggest you use recorded for anything up to about £40 and special over that.

ZuG

ZuG

Associate
OP
She reported me to Amazon the day after telling me she wanted to return the products. I sent her an email asking her to return the products and I would give her a refund minus 2x postage costs.
She then sent me an email back saying she no longer wanted to send the products back. hurray!

To claim against royal mail would I need proof of postage and her to say she never received the goods?

Back
Top Bottom