New build problem.

Associate
Hi there, i have recently just built my new pc and im haveing a problem getting it running :).

I have a q6600
Asus pk5 delux motherboard
OCZ reaper 4gb ram
Radeon 3870 X2 graphics card

Everything seems to start up fine all fans going and can keep it running,BUT...

First time useing a monitor I had a messesege on screen about the appripriate drivers not being installed.

After that i don't have any visual on screen what so ever.
Also I do not get any beeps what so ever, so I guess that means it isen't POSTing.

I have tried removeing the battery for a good length of time but no luck.

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.

RJC

RJC

Don
Try installing 1 stick of RAM and check you have alll the power connectors attached, ie the 8 or 4 pin for the cpu and the two for the graphics card.

Was thst in wiindows you got the error message.

Rob

Associate
OP
I have not got chance to install windows yet, was just a error massege that appered, will try installing 1 stick of memory and see how that goes.

I have the 8 pin lead plugged in checked that. :) Thanks for the help so far, will post how the memory goes.

*update* I have tried useing 1 memory module but no luck with no visual at all.
Still as said not heard any beeps at all on startup. Any more sugestions welcome :).

Last edited:
Associate
i had pretty much the same problem on my new setup. Just try booting it up with NO memory in. i know it sounds crazy but it will probably POST with the no memory essage. Let us know how you get on.

Kearney

Associate
OP
Hi there I was just reading up on forums about the problem, so I have a clearer idea about what is happening. but it seems strange I can't even seem to get a beep with no memory in it. so im wandering maybe to just RMA the board.

I can't find any other problems, surely I should have some sort of beeps.
Anyone think of any reason my part I would not be getting a beep.

currently I don't have my memory in to try the theory of getting it to post :).

Associate
You might not be expecting any beeps without memory in. It's dependant on the beep codes of the bios. I've experienced motherboards that don't start any sort of beeping until you have CPU + RAM installed in them!

Does your monitor have DVI or VGA input. I suggest trying the VGA input first (with an adapater on your gfx card). I had to do this to a samsung pebble and then hot swap it to DVI to get it to run through DVI for the first time of use.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom