Silly Little Sayings

Associate
I absolutely hate it when people use the phase "its all swings and roundabouts". what the hell? its so annoying and just gets on my nerves.
I know its not the same thing but its a stupid phrase all the same

Soldato
There are derivations for quite of lot of these random phrases on the web. "Bob's your uncle" and "Happy as Larry" can apparently be explained.

Not really quite the same, but it really gets to me when people start off by saying "Guess what ... ?". Surprisingly, I don't know, as you haven't told me yet and I'm not psychic. Generally I just invent something stupid in response and get some funny looks when they don't get why I did it.

Associate
"Become unstuck"

Apparently means to become stuck, though it's got 'un' in front so how that translates to becoming stuck I have no idea...

My driving instructor used to say it, physical violence was never far away afterwards.

Man of Honour
I always thought of "I could care less" as half of a sarcastic remark, as in, "I could care less, but it would be difficult."

Same here and I'm sure I say that every time one of these threads comes up. It makes perfect sense in that context.

"Near miss" is the one that always gets to me, if it nearly missed then it must have been a collision.

Permabanned
"I don't mean to bother you, but....."

In that case, **** off!
FAQ:

OcUK would like you and your whole family to learn and share via our forums. For this reason swearing and the posting of "adult" or offensive material is forbidden. Simply replacing some of the letters in a swearword with a * or any other character is not acceptable. If you must then please replace the whole word with ***** or other repeated character. We also expect members to behave respectfully and not launch personal or abusive attacks on other members. Those who post for the sole purpose of causing trouble are not welcome here and will be dealt with accordingly.

Back
Top Bottom