• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Best Ati brand to get?

Soldato
All of the ATI cards i have bought have been Powercolor and no problems at all. Plenty of cables in the box, well packaged and the odd "extra". The important thing being the customer service area but fortunatly I have never had to deal with that bit!

- Pea0n

Soldato
well if buying from here. ocuk seem to support the manufacturers warrenty. so i guess the longest warrenty wins. some ati partners offer 10 year/lifetime warenties but brands you dont usually see in the uk.

one warning though. never buy Asus. ever.

Associate
Hey

I've got a sapphire HD 2900XT, I can't say about their customer/returns support but the GPU was pretty well packaged with all the cables you'd expect, plus a shiny little case badge :p

Banjo

Associate
The overclock on the Powercolor was about 800 3d marks extra then the standard one. Yes it's noisy because the fan sits on 100%, but I've put mine on a fan controller, and never turn it up and it still doesn't go above 52 degrees C

Associate
personally when ever i buy an ATI card i buy from HIS,

always always always had great quality cards from them, my 9500 pro is still going strong in an old machine :)

<3 HIS!

Soldato
All I can add is that Sapphire has a 30 WORKING day returns policy (over 6 weeks) and they wont even look at it until the last possible opportunity, Ive been waiting since the 10th Jan 08 (today is the 30th working day) and as yet Ive heard nothing other than "please wait the full 30 working days" when ever i have chased it, would i buy Sapphire again ? No chance

Soldato
Ironically within mins of posting I was informed by email that I would be getting a replacement Sapphire 2900XT lol. What am I meant to do with that now ?

Auction or MM (not got required posts for MM, despite being here for years and years :eek: )

LOAM

Edit, sold for £100 :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Avoid Sapphire like the plague, the customer service and returns is shocking to say the least, worst RMA service i have ever dealt with.

Every ATI card i have had fail also has happend to have been a Sapphire, 3 times, and i've now pledged never to buy another Sapphire based on the 2 above points.

Now i have a Powercolor one... :) *i think.... just happy its not a shoddy Sapphire.

Soldato
HIS i have delt with have been superb.

had to RMA an x1800GTO, go it with in 2 weeks, AND i had to send it over seas, but then this was 2 years ago, so might have changed their base to uk.

Permabanned
The brand with the longest warranty which is normaly Asus. HIS only have a one year warranty which says a lot about the quality of there cards :)

Back
Top Bottom