Neighbour forgot to put handbrake on

Soldato
OP
2281352077_3d631c1609_o.jpg

Bit worried for my plans on getting a write off, that looks like just the door is damaged... But surely just fixing that will be more than the cars worth....

2282142448_abf3ceae35.jpg

There was some damage on my mum's afterall, nightmare!

Soldato
Bit worried for my plans on getting a write off, that looks like just the door is damaged... But surely just fixing that will be more than the cars worth....

I don't think there will be much hesitation in writing the car off. Even if it's only the door, a new door, glass, trim and labour involved in spraying and fitting it (at main dealer rates) means it's unlikely to be economically viable for the insurance company to fix it. If either of the pillars has moved a write off is certain.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
The sill on the MG doesn't look too bad. Somebody rammed their tow bar into my dads sill on his van. They just heated it up and sucked the dent out which was a deep narrow dent that you would normally not bother with.

Unlucky, but your car looks like a new door job from what we've seen so far, which is worth repairing. Probably do it yourself if you're bot bothered about a matching colour door.

Soldato
OP
Heard from the guys insurance today, oddly even though no ones seen it (unless the tow truck guys yesterday reported it) they said it's 'beyond economic repair' (gotta love these PC phrases!). So I'll get a cheque and it took away next week sometime.

So long 306, you were a great car! :(

Soldato
Heard from the guys insurance today, oddly even though no ones seen it (unless the tow truck guys yesterday reported it) they said it's 'beyond economic repair' (gotta love these PC phrases!).

Oh yea of little faith ;) It's an old car, insurers rarely opt to repair them unless they are particularly valuable. Even a damaged bumper is enough to write an old banger off.

Back
Top Bottom