sherlock holmes the awakened, terrible fps

Associate
Hi all

Installed Sherlock holmes the Awakened today and discovered any kind of walking movement in game causes framerate to instantly plummet and stick at about 8-10fps. with fraps im getting 75fps and can keep that with any kind of movement with mouse, eg looking round the room, but as soon as I touch w,a,s,or d key it plummets to unplayable? Im using q6600 and 8800gtx and changed all settings to min but still same?

edit ****Just this minute installed and tried the game on my sons old 3700+ with 6800 gt and it runs fine?

Thanks for any help, cheers turtle

Associate
OP
well tried everyhthing suggested plus a few other things i could think of still wont run with the 8800? looks like im gonna have to dust off my old pc with the 6800 card in it to play :(

Thanks

Associate
It worked fine on my 8800GTS in both XP32 & Vista64 with no special tweaks (also use dual core). Used patch 1.3 and latest Nvidia drivers (at that time a few months ago). Often games cause problems like this if AA is forced on via the drivers etc. Also if AMD dual core then I think you might need the AMD optimizer as it could be the problem where it keeps alternating between cores (though you have tried setting affinity).

Soldato
Runs fine on my 8800. I did have a problem with some textures at one stage but different drivers and the patch sorted this out. Have you tried this?

Back
Top Bottom