Why is it only Photography stuff ends up like this..

Soldato
I buy a LOT of stuff online, and I never really have any problems with anything other than Photo stuff, be it delays through the rather dubious 'In Stock' they all like to use... (In Stock, means dear traders, YOU have the item in stock, not someone else that YOU have to wait to get it from..) or damaged packaging (Touch wood, even though the packaging has been nuked, nothing has actually been broken or even damaged)

Latest to arrive by the skin of it's teeth:

This arrived by Royal Mail Special Delivery this morning.. On Thursday they 'delivered' an 80-200 F/2.8 Nikkor that was in a similar state. I just cannot figure why it only happens with Camera gear, has anyone else noticed this trend? :mad:

SCM

SCM

Associate
Havent had that issue but have you complained to your local post office depot about the condition you are receiving the parcels in? As if its a regular occurance somewhere down the line they aren't doing the job carefully if they always arrive damaged.

SCM

Soldato
OP
I'll be taking prints of those to the local sorting office on Monday doubt it will do much good though, also sent an email with the .jpg's to the vendor that actually sent the item. It's always a miracle when I find the stuff inside undamaged from the wreckage that used to be it's packaging.

Aod

Aod

Soldato
i find that the boxes that photo-gear is packaged in to be somewhat weaker than normal mail-order goodies.

i don't know why. its usually got a MUCH higher cash-density.

Soldato
OP
I think you're on to something there Aod, I was racking my brains trying to figure out why it only happens to Camera gear and nothing else, it was really starting to bug me hence the thread and you've just made sense of it, good jorb! I can at least switch off paranoia mode now that the Posties were seeing the return addresses and playing footie with the packages.

Soldato
i would refuse to accept the order, if the boxes are like that then what are the items going to be like

round my area special delivery usually arrives in the same condition it left

Soldato
I wouldn't even accept it in that condition. As soon as you sign for special delivery items, you're accepting the condition it's arrived in.

That being said, if you've already signed for it, and it's working I'd put in a written complaint.

Associate
That appalling... In all the years I have ordered products online I have only had a few occasions where the packaging has been that bad... I have had a few occasions where products have never arrived at all and I was charged for them (thankfully not camera equipment)

Back
Top Bottom