Bite too high on clutch

Soldato
OP
Meh

Tbh I just keep my foot just below the bite, I get a much smoother lift off.

If i keep my foot fully depressed on the clutch I find it harder to get a smoother lift off.

Guess I'll have ot live with it, sigh. The Focus has an auto adjusting bite AFAIK being that it is hydraulic.

Soldato
Clutch is also a little high on mine Tom. I was worrying about the clutch being on the way out (80K miles), but aside from being a little jerky for the first few minutes when cold, I've got no other problems.

Soldato
So yea just be grateful you dont have a clio, its got a really high bite and its instant so by the time you've done a few stop starts and you take your eye off the ball, u bring it up to fast and bam! stall....not funny :p

Soldato
I had a Focus and the bite was really low. My mate had a similar Focus and the bite was really high. Both were of comparable mileage and the bites didn't change positions in the 2 years of driving we both did.

Think it's just luck of the draw unless I'm missing something!

Associate
We've had our focus since new and the bite hasnt changed from being high despite now being on 170k miles. I think its a trait to have a high bite on the focus.

Associate
My Rover 25 had an insanely high bite and after reading the MG forums i discovered a household mod to shorten it.

Basically its a spacer (made from a contact lens fluid top) put on the cable to shorten it :p

Back
Top Bottom