• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

DELETED_25227

J.D

J.D

Soldato
lol

i dont really care m8y, i know my rig is working just fine.

:):D

I would be caring if the 2900Pro I've got overclocked was beating your 3 cards. Of bloomin' course I would be :p.

What is the point in having the 3 cards if you're not getting the true performance of them? :confused:. There is no harm in checking that things are ok. It's not going to take long to run a bench or two :rolleyes:.

When you have any equipment, you want it to run how it's meant to. Not below par. I'd at least check it out. Also you should be thankful that someone is trying to help you achieve this. Not just dismiss it with saying that you think everything is OK when obviously it isn't.

J.D

J.D

Soldato
Lol. I forgot school boys posted on this forum.

What a reply :rolleyes:. You got me there :confused:. I'm 26. Oh I have to be 15 years old to want to get my system running like how it should be. THINK ABOUT IT?. Do you feel a little foolish for saying that now?.

Hex pointed out that one 2900XT was getting the same score as your three cards and benchmarking for 5 minutes to see if you can get your rig running faster isn't going to kill you. So enough of the cheeky remarks when people are trying to help you or is that just your personality and manners?. Who is acting like the child when you think about it? ;). Grow up.

J.D

J.D

Soldato
shouldnt you be getting back to school?
run along :D

Hahahahaha at 26 I think not or does that not compute :p. Are you that old that thinking about school brings you comfort?. Does it give your grey hairs a sense of hope.

I don't care. My rig is working how it should be, I was just trying to help. You're very ungrateful and immature. If this is the mentality from someone I'm trying to help then it's obvious that the wheel is rolling but the hamster is dead ;).

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Not that you care.

But I get 62FPS at 3Ghz card @ Stock.

And 67.5FSB at 3.5Ghz card @ Stock.

All Med 1680x1050... so if you are happy with 46fps with an extra GPU at the same clocks you are quite mad.

Bench

Last edited:
Associate
I think you should be listening to Hex, he actually knows what he is talking about.
I reckon I could match that on my system with a single X2
you should be getting probably twice what your getting.

Associate
ok guys I installed a sapphire 3870xt in the 4x slot and gave 3dmarks 06 a run. With just the x2 I was getting 19,400, with the 3 cores i`m getting 19, 775. Something has to be wrong somewhere ? re installed drivers, catalyst detects both cards and enables xfire. Tried crysis, was hardly playable, maybe 5 - 10fps max. Tried a few other games which ran ok but couldnt tell the difference between 2 or 3 gpu performance. Is there something which I may have overlooked ?

Anyone else running a p35 chipset (16x/4x) with a x2 and 3870 ? how much improvement did u get when adding the 3870 ??

Soldato
Matey, it certainly works. Here you go:

CF_combo_chart_Dec07-1.jpg

Can you mix a 3870x2 with a 3850 for crossfire without any extra cables?

Soldato
Anyone else running a p35 chipset (16x/4x) with a x2 and 3870 ? how much improvement did u get when adding the 3870 ??

Am running a P35 with just 2 x 3850's, and the performance is abysmal. Crysis shows a slight improvement, but not much. COD4 runs like a dog with crossfire enabled. UT3 is a mixed bag. ET:QW is awful.

I am not sure if its the 4x slot making everything run so poorly, or just crossfire itself. Have tried various drivers and there is little in it between them all. Though the 8.3 catalysts are the worst.

I would not recommend to anyone to use a P35 for crossfire.

For a test, I tried running a single card in the 4x slot, and everything really did run quite awfully.

Single cards in the 16X are fantastic - far better than I expected. Almost runs crysis as well as my old 8800gt.

Associate
Tbh i would not of even tryed it myself with my P5B that has a 16x and 4x lane PCIe. nice to see my thought on the matter turned out to be right.Has to be the 4x all them crossfirex bench marks cant be wrong.

Soldato
oh right thanks, i will look into that.

I just tried the crysis benchmark at 1680, all set to medium.
and I get 40fps fwiw.

40fps?

Something is definitely wrong.

This is my 3850pro @ stock, 1680x1050 medium: 47.395 fps

3850pro @ 904/1053, 1680x1050 medium: 56.42 fps

3850pro @ 904/1053, 1680x1050 HIGH: 28.485 fps

So as you see, you aren't doing much better than a 100 quid card.

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Don't bother m8, i've been through all this and he just won't listen ^_^

Should have my 3870XT arriving today/tommorow so I'll see how I fair with Tri-Fire on a P35 and report back... :D

Back
Top Bottom