Complete CoD4 Punkbuster Screw Up

Caporegime
Still i have no reply from even balance and its nearly been 4 days :rolleyes:

ive little sympathy

your not telling us the whole truth. Simple.

You may not have been using cheats in regular games. The fact remains whatever cheat your or somebody else downloaded still has entries in the registry/ files on the system etc..

So untill you reformat the traces of that cheat. You will continue to get banned. I'm not really interested in your rather abusive protestations that you have never touched anything. But the reason why evenblanace dont reply is because they dont get false positives. You could be genuine, and somebody installed and removed on the cheat without your knowledge. But if evenbalance had £1 for everytime they heard that story, they'd be very rich by now.

Soldato
OP
ive little sympathy

You may not have been using cheats in regular games. The fact remains whatever cheat your or somebody else downloaded still has entries in the registry/ files on the system etc..

So untill you reformat the traces of that cheat. You will continue to get banned. I'm not really interested in your rather abusive protestations that you have never touched anything. But the reason why evenblanace dont reply is because they dont get false positives. You could be genuine, and somebody installed and removed on the cheat without your knowledge. But if evenbalance had £1 for everytime they heard that story, they'd be very rich by now.

I knew there would be one like you rofl, i know perfectly well they hear stories over and over again daily,and 99% its total rubbish, but without me going into arguments, i dont cheat. Why in gods name would i waste my time asking for advice if i hacked in CoD4 ? :confused:, have better things to do than waste my time, and on that note waste my time and money on hacks.

And im mature enough and have enough information about even balance, so unless i was genuine i would waste a breath on them.

And with the above, wow i wish i could make you eat your words, and if evenbalance get back to me your the first person im going to come to.

So without wasting your keyboards life on telling me im lying ect...and so on that i do hack, i want genuine advice about where to go from here if even balance dont reply.

QUICK Ninja edit: my Close friend was playing last year on bf2, all of a sudden he got a global hardware ban, he couldnt believe his eyes, he got in touch with punk buster and after just over a week they got back saying they made a mistake, so im all for punkbuster being a screw up service.

Last edited:
Caporegime
i want genuine advice about where to go from here if even balance dont reply.

1) lose the attitude. Its not big and its not clever

2) Assuming you are telling the truth and and have never cheated, you need to reformat your pc.

My serious advise, is to reformat your machine to remove what it is detecting. If its not a cheat, chances are its some piece of malware or whatever that is being detected as a cheat. The fact you havent removed it says you probably arent aware of it being on system, best way to make sure you remove everything is to reformat

3) With regards to playing again. Your chances of getting anywhere with evenbalance are slim. The only easy way to get anywhere is to buy a 2nd hand copy and get yourself another CD key.

edit

http://www.game-violations.org/threa...tuser=0&page=1

this is what i mean. Even if its not cheating, something is exhibiting the same blocking behaviour as the aimbot. They dont care if its a cheat or not, it exhibits the same behaviour so they ban for it. And its legal because they are only denying access to PB protected servers, and PB is a voluntary server side modification. Its a bit like complaining (in a legal sense) about password protected servers.

Last edited:
Permabanned
I'm sorry but why should anyone have to buy a new game at their expense for being wrongly banned on online play? If that has happened, I would be taking the game back to the shop for a refund. They sell a game that has the ability to be played online and lets be honest, is one of the main reasons one might buy a game, and then it does this. Surely something needs to be done about it if it's ripping genuine people off like that?

Permabanned

2) Assuming you are telling the truth and and have never cheated, you need to reformat your pc.

My serious advise, is to reformat your machine to remove what it is detecting. If its not a cheat, chances are its some piece of malware or whatever that is being detected as a cheat. The fact you havent removed it says you probably arent aware of it being on system, best way to make sure you remove everything is to reformat

3) With regards to playing again. Your chances of getting anywhere with evenbalance are slim. The only easy way to get anywhere is to buy a 2nd hand copy and get yourself another CD key.

I think you need to lose your attitude and prejudice to be fair. The guy has come on here for advice and then you shoot him down practically telling him he must be cheating. Whatever happened to giving someone the benefit of the doubt? He's clearly frustrated and I would be too if that happened to me. It's frustrating when you get banned for no reason from online communities. I've been permanently banned from CS:S servers by admins that basically just don't want you there for being too good at the game.
Got to feel sorry for admins like that. Really is sad.

Soldato
OP

edit

http://www.game-violations.org/threa...tuser=0&page=1

this is what i mean. Even if its not cheating, something is exhibiting the same blocking behaviour as the aimbot. They dont care if its a cheat or not, it exhibits the same behaviour so they ban for it. And its legal because they are only denying access to PB protected servers, and PB is a voluntary server side modification. Its a bit like complaining (in a legal sense) about password protected servers.

the attitude :confused:, no comment as it will end in a holiday.

but thanks for all the advice, basically saying im screwed whether i am or not hacking, gaah, formatting my PC will mean all my files gone i guess ?

Last edited:
Associate
I don't think your an idiot, so don't take what I say negatively. From reading experience at pb @ IW forums aimbot violations, especially #50104 and #50120 are legit banning violations.

Either somebody has installed a hack onto your computer and you are unaware, you've installed it yourself or you or somebody else has cheated on Call of Duty 2.

Aimbot violation #50104 is related to a Call of Duty 2 hack, but you also get banned in CoD4 if it is found on your system. Remember, punkbuster scans the whole system now, not just your game folder.

Aimbot violation #50120 is possibly CoD2 related, but nonetheless Punkbuster rarely makes mistakes these days. Punkbuster nor Activision will help you, this is where EA becomes helpful, in the UK anyway.

Soldato
OP
thats what i thought, it scans your whole computer, aparantly even when its turned off and your not playing, so surely they would be able to tell me Exactly where its getting picked up. because i gotta say i have loads of downloaded software that are cracked, but the chances of it being any of them are very slim, but as someone said it only has to be a slightest little thing and punkbuster will pick it up and ban you.

once i get a reply from punkbuster if i do ill format my computer and see what happens then.

yeh EA are reliable in the UK from my 2142 days they helped within 2 hours of a support ticket.

Soldato
Wow. Thought I was on the steam forums when I saw this thread :p

You were bound to get replies which call you a cheat. What did you expect? Unless someone has experienced a bugged ban then they won't believe you.

Soldato
OP
You were bound to get replies which call you a cheat. What did you expect?

i know thats why i said i knew there would be some ;). if i didnt want any i wouldn't of posted, after the nitty gritty posts there some good replies and advice though ;)

4p

4p

Soldato
PB Does not scan outside of its game folders (BF series, cod series, quake etc..)

It doesn't have the 'papers' so to speak :)

If that were so i would have been caught ages ago with my uber leet hax on my desktop :p

Soldato
OP
PB Does not scan outside of its game folders (BF series, cod series, quake etc..)

If that were so i would have been caught ages ago with my uber leet hax on my desktop :p

rofl, well tbh its debatable with your scores :D

Soldato
Anti cheat systems are a joke generally, they often get triggered by bad RAM and the like.

For a while Crysis 64 Bit users instantly got kicked from online matches because the servers considered the 64 Bit EXE a hacked one.

Running a punkbuster game on vista, its worth a try using "run as administrator".

It sorts BF2 and 2142 out at least.

Associate

I thought it was common knowledge 4P hacked? Why do you think he is bored of COD4 already!

Not letting out any secrets, am I Mr 4P? :p

Associate

They have to be running in the memory, some hacks tell punkbuster to get screwed, depends what you've got ;).

Caporegime
Why do you feel the exact same thing will happen with a new CD key?

Are you compaling about being wrongfully banned, or are you complaining about the ban forcing you to buy a new CD key? As one is a complaint over guilt, the other is just a complaint.

Soldato
OP
Why do you feel the exact same thing will happen with a new CD key?

Are you compaling about being wrongfully banned, or are you complaining about the ban forcing you to buy a new CD key? As one is a complaint over guilt, the other is just a complaint.

Same will happen again because im being KICKED for a aimbot, not just banned, so there must be something thats constantly being picked up by punkbuster. if i do a format then thats a different matter.

gah i dunno, want to avoid formatting as all my files will be gone :( and if i format without deleting files then chances something will be left :(

Back
Top Bottom