The Return of DFI?

Associate
Purchased my dfi x38 t2r from abroad as got tired of waiting for ocuk to stock them. Anyways the x38 chipset is EOL, if ocuk are to stock dfi motherboards then the x48 ones would be a good start.

Associate
I haven't seen any of the LANPARTY UT X48-T3R for pre order yet.

Ideally since I'm doing a major upgrade I figured I would jump to DDR3 plus once I get my house purchase sorted out I can say good bye to random impulse hardware upgrades :(

Associate
Likewise order just went in, awaiting confirmation. This board looks like a right bargain, quick question, are two of the SATA ports on a different chip?

# Intel ICH9R chip - Intel Matrix Storage technology - Supports up to 6 SATA devices - SATA speed up to 3Gb/s - RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 0+1 and RAID 5
# JMicron JMB363 PCI Express to SATA and PATA host controller - Supports up to 2 UltraDMA 100Mbps IDE devices - Supports 2 SATA devices - SATA speed up to 3Gb/s - RAID 0 and RAID 1

If so, would this Jmicron be better for a 2 hardrive RAID? All I hear is good things about Jmicron.

Associate
Well technically they can once they release it on OcUK, atm its not in competition because they dont sell it, abit like talking about the costs of washing machines :D that said, as soon as they do, im sure it'll be deleted lol.

Soldato
It's a shame the X48 boards dont have ICH10, otherwise may have been interested myself.

The DFI LANPARTY DKP35 T2RS is appealing I may be interested in a P45 variant, I'll wait till P45 chipset is released, I only use one graphics card anyway so it would be a waste of money for me i.e. X-48.

I'm quite surprised OcUK haven't stocked any DFI boards not that I'm that fussed.

OcUK customers have been waiting weeks & weeks with no definite yes or no on this & to be honest it looks like competitors have seen the actual market for them having read this very forum? & grabbed it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom