WIFI Setup problems

Associate
Hey guys, I've just purchased a second hand dynamode 4 port cable router from ebay. However it has arrived without any instructions and I am struggling to get it to work properly. I have connected it to my main pc via ethernet cable and to my media centre using a wireless USB dongle of the same make.

The problem is I don't know how to set the security settings properly, and the manufacturers website is next to useless. I checked WPA personal in the routers setup page and chose a password. My media centre could see the network but refused to connect saying there was a problem. However if I connect with no security enabled, all is ok. Obviously I want my connection to be secure, so any help would be appreciated. Both systems are running vista.

Soldato
You want to make sure your SSID (sometimes called Station Name, or Network Identifier) for your wireless is visible. Then on your router choose WPA-PSK and enter a passphrase of your choosing. Then your Vista machines will see the network and identify it as Security Enabled. Click to connect to that network and enter the same passphrase you created on the router. The machine should then connect to the network appropriately

Back
Top Bottom