It's Arrived - Art. Lebedev Studio Optimus Maximus Keyboard

Associate
OP
yeh lols, not bling at all but nice to type on. when i'm back i'll let you know what it's like typing on the optimus, although i fully expect it to be at least slightly weird as i know from past experience all keyboards are different and you have to adapt your style slightly to each one. reet, i'm off - back in an hour prob.

Soldato
CIMG0893.JPG

im sorry but that looks ugly

maybe it will look better when lit, just out of interest why white over black?

Associate
OP
Was thinking that. Especially for the price its a pity it doesn't have an internal power brick and come with a UK adaptor...

- Pea0n

yeah that would have been nice, although i must admit it's not a deal breaker. PLUS, i actually ordered the black version but i'm kinda glad i got the white one as it does look pimpin, i have too many black peripherals as it is.

Soldato
sorry but compared with the original metal framed concept this new white style looks cheap. Plus theres no way I would consider spending anywhere near 800 quid on a keyboard :eek:

Associate
OP
You need a new desk.

Trust me you'd understand if you saw the size of my room! Inner London rent is off the chart.

Anywho, i thought i'd do a few more pics before i head off for this adaptor.

Right rear (if viewing from the front in a standard usage scenario)
CIMG0894.JPG

Left rear (if viewing from the front in a standard usage scenario)
CIMG0897.JPG

Rear middle
CIMG0898.JPG

Bottom view
CIMG0899.JPG

Bottom sticker
CIMG0900.JPG

Soldato
I love the 'use of a keyboard may cause carpel tunnel syndrome'! 'I know you've just bought a new keyboard, but just to remind you, keyboards aren't for typing. If you type on this, we can't be held responsible for what might happen!'

Associate
I love the 'use of a keyboard may cause carpel tunnel syndrome'! 'I know you've just bought a new keyboard, but just to remind you, keyboards aren't for typing. If you type on this, we can't be held responsible for what might happen!'

Yes, weird huh? but you do know why they have that warning on there... right?

Soldato

Almost all (if not all) keyboards have a warning on them, stupid compensation culture!! :rolleyes:

Associate
Hmm, so it has little screens in each of the keys to show each function.

Has blue peter or Art attack not taught you that with paper, scissors, a crayon and some sticky-back plastic, you can make you're own personalized keys!!

Associate
Right, from the spec the only thing this keyboard does is let you customise the images on the keys or is there more?

I think it lets you actually set your keys.
So whatever configuration you want.

But in all honesty I cant see this being useful for the average person, or am I missing something?

Permabanned
Great for games, can you have a little "grenade" icon for "G" and then disable all other keys, keeping the backlight off? Also disable the windows logo key? Too expensive though...maybe at £100 perhaps £150.

Back
Top Bottom