It's Arrived - Art. Lebedev Studio Optimus Maximus Keyboard

Soldato
I didn't know they actually are for sale.

I guess £800 isn't so bad when you can pay £100+ for an AVID keyboard, lots for a Photoshop one, etc...

Still too expensive for me tho...

I want to see it working!

Associate
Pfft, i'll just get a Logitech G15 keyboard for £45.

Key's light up blue, you can customize them by assigning macro's, LCD screen that tells you ingame information...well anything actually, playlists, comms.,leaderboards. Amazing key quality, spring right back, soft to the touch. Plus every media button you'd need.

Right, it beats it already :)

Caporegime
you paid £800 for a keyboard that didnt come with a UK power adapter, and is in the wrong colour to what you ordered... yet your still happy.

Do you have a tattoo on your head, does it say Mug?

Associate
I'm going to make my own version. I'll draw little arrows on small square pieces of paper, stick them on the WSAD keys then cover them with acryllic.

Nah, actually i'll use the arrow keys and make a deposit on a house with the money saved :p

Associate
OP
Well i'm typing this on the keyboard :o

System want's a reboot so i'll brb. First impressions:

• Provided USB cable could be longer
  • Some glare on some keys from overhead lights due to their clear plastic nature, however the brightness of the keys is not impacted by this (i.e. you can see them clearly)
  • Initial bootup sequence of the kb almost made me drop a load - each key one by one flashes and then when done they are show major static and it makes some staticy like noise. Luckily howewver after a few seconds the (i suspect) keymap isloaded from the SD card and the key letters appear and the noise disappears.
  • As suspected the kb feels different however i'm already adapting, Borg style
  • With the lights off it looks AWESOME - although it does mess with your head a tad
  • They kb has physically a US layout, hence there is no backslash key next to left shift (i knew this before buying, i'll see how annoying this is when i get to grips with the customisation utility).

back in a jiffy - here's two to tide you over :

CIMG0906.JPG

This is just for reference, but the keys are _much_ brighter when looking from this angle, it's just i'm crap at taking photos
CIMG0911.JPG

Associate
I guess you never have bought anything from the US?:rolleyes:

Regardless of where i bought it i'd expect it to be fully OC'able and drive me to work in the mornings!

Crazy money for a novelty item.

You can buy other macro using keyboards that plug over USB for lik £60 on Ebay, ok it doesn't have the LCD but it's £740 cheaper!

Back
Top Bottom