• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Anyone running Tri/Quad Crossfire in Vista...

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Does your GPU-Z say Crossfire enabled?

I've just put a 3rd GPU in and I don't think Crossfire is working.

I can see the card in GPU-Z and in Device Manager, but the card isn't shown in CCC, however there is an 'Enable Crossfire' button... :confused:

Mud

Mud

Soldato
If all goes according to plan and no one's answered you by tomorrow I'll let you know :)

Meanwhile, couldn't you just bench to gauge performance?

Soldato
If you drop down the dropdown box in CCC you should see each card listed twice - in my case I get X1950Pro and X1950Pro Secondary. You should see the third card listed as the Tertiary card. I can't remember why each card is listed twice, but there was a fairly simple reason for it.

HeX

HeX

Soldato
OP
This is what I have in GPU-Z

gpuz_tri.jpg

However in CCC:

tri_ccc.jpg

Last edited:

HeX

HeX

Soldato
OP
I don't think 72k is all that impressive tbh...

Its quite strange. I've just fired up CoD4, and while the FPS Fraps is displaying is higher than what I was getting before the game feels slower and jerkier...

Same with the Crysis bench...

Soldato
Strange that FPS are up but it's jerky! :(

Driver's still not mature enough? :confused:

Very interested to see if you get this sorted HeX as i'm tempted to add a single 3870 or even another X2 if their price drops a little more.

gt

HeX

HeX

Soldato
OP
Ok just removed the crossfire bridge to see what CCC and other utils would see.

CCC still only see's the X2, but reports that the bridge isn't connected properly, so it must be seeing the other card on some level.

Rivatuner now sees both cards (whereas before it only saw the X2).

GPU-Z reports the same as before, 3 devices, crossfire disabled.

HeX

HeX

Soldato
OP
OK, after some more testing I can confirm I was talking bobbins earlier on.

CoD4 is actually considerably lower FPS than with crossfire disabled.

X2 alone no Crossfire = ~75-95 fps on a busy server

X2 + XT with Crossfire = ~50-70 fps on a busy server

(same server, same map)

So something clearly isn't working as it is supposed to!

Associate
I am experiencing similar results, with out xfire I see smoother gameplay in cod4, crysis. With it enabled, the fps drops by about 20%. I was thinking maybe because I am running 16x/4x xfire which is causing the problem ? The other thing I was wondering about was the x2 only has one crossfire connector, whereas the 3870 has 2, I have read that some people are using two bridges.

HeX

HeX

Soldato
OP
I'm begining to think crossfiring the x2 to a card in the 4x slot is somehow holding it back, either that or the drivers really arn't optimised for crossfireX use on the P35 chipset.

I'll have annother play tommorow and see if I can get it going, if not back to the X2 I go.

Back
Top Bottom