It's Arrived - Art. Lebedev Studio Optimus Maximus Keyboard

Man of Honour
sorry but what is the "return key"? backspace/delete or enter?

Shortened from carriage return like you used to get on typewriters I believe, the double height key just below the backspace and above right shift on a UK layout keyboard. You could call it enter but I use that for the enter key with the numberpad - both do the same thing for ordinary typing.

Associate
OP
Thatjoe: Thanks for pointing that out, i hadn't noticed. I'll check it out.
Steve: Partially speaking yes, although you're still limited to not being able to physically move keys, hence the backslash and extra key above 'Enter' is an issue. Although, it detected my PC as UK and the pound key/@ etc are all set correctly.
dead: kb goes into sleep mode after a few minutes to help alleviate this issue

Associate
i assume that with having the fully programmable one, you are able to change the colour of the letter illumination when in standard layout?

then you just put whatever pic/icons on for specific game/app profiles?

Associate
Would be ace except:

Keys not robust enough for gaming, pointless for typing. Hmm, CAD i could maybe use it for actually, assign every tool to a key with the icon of it..

..Yeh actually that would rock, i shall make the comment to my company!..Not that i have any CAD work to do at the moment, i just sit...and spam here...all day...sigh. Hmm.

Associate
dont see the point in it really, for games just get a good mouse with plenty of buttons and configure them that way.

but each to there own.

Soldato
Would be ace except:

Keys not robust enough for gaming, pointless for typing. Hmm, CAD i could maybe use it for actually, assign every tool to a key with the icon of it..

..Yeh actually that would rock, i shall make the comment to my company!..Not that i have any CAD work to do at the moment, i just sit...and spam here...all day...sigh. Hmm.

How do you know if the keys aren't robust enough or not? :confused: Do you have one?

Congratulations on the purchase, really good to finally see one in the flesh!! Some lights off pics please! (I mean room lights)

:)

Soldato
£800 on a keyboard? Get a grip man!

I suppose these type of reactions are inevitable. Dunno why people are moaning so much, "worse" happens. It's only £800, not exactly Earth-shattering. He's bought his keyboard and he's sharing it on the forum, so what?

£40,000 on a BMW is far more worrying imo.

Plus, nice looking keyboard.

Caporegime
I suppose these type of reactions are inevitable. Dunno why people are moaning so much, "worse" happens. It's only £800, not exactly Earth-shattering. He's bought his keyboard and he's sharing it on the forum, so what?

£40,000 on a BMW is far more worrying imo.

Plus, nice looking keyboard.

A normal keyboard is at most £100 for a top end one, this is just a normal keyboard with an (impressive) arty makeover and customisation, but its £800!

£40,000 on a BMW is not worrying, because thats what they cost. compairing the Maximus to a BMW is like saying a BMW is £40k, but a BMW with metalic paint and custom leather is £400,000! yes its nice, but is it really worth that much?

(dont get me wrong, i think this keyboard is sex on a desk and very cool, but at that price its never goign to be anything more than a high technology prototype that the odd punter purchased for the hell of it...)

Soldato
A normal keyboard is at most £100 for a top end one, this is just a normal keyboard with an (impressive) arty makeover and customisation, but its £800!

£40,000 on a BMW is not worrying, because thats what they cost. compairing the Maximus to a BMW is like saying a BMW is £40k, but a BMW with metalic paint and custom leather is £400,000! yes its nice, but is it really worth that much?

(dont get me wrong, i think this keyboard is sex on a desk and very cool, but at that price its never goign to be anything more than a high technology prototype that the odd punter purchased for the hell of it...)

Yeah, fair enough, you're absolutely right about it being a one-off product and only the very few buying it.

But, at the end of the day, it's £800. Some people spend £800 on one night of partying, but when something like this gets posted in a forum, shock horror. All I'm saying is that it's his money, it doesn't negatively affect me and gives me real-life pictures of a 'rare' item. Good point about the BMW aswell.

Permabanned
Its White ?.

Jesus m8, Your old KB went with rest of Rig better.

I really hope your happy with it man, but in all honesty, IMO its horrid full stop and I see nothing special about it (I have read about them for ages).

Last edited:
Associate
I'm not slagging off the guy for buying it, but why does it cost £800?? 4 pages and there's no clear explanation why.

Back
Top Bottom