It's Arrived - Art. Lebedev Studio Optimus Maximus Keyboard

Permabanned
i don't think i would have settled for an 'American' style one (no full size enter key etc) and no UK power adaptor! :O

Double duh. It's a imported device, so it won't have UK adaptor, they're not allowed to sell them. And as for "american style" keyboard have you realised the keys aren't imprinted on them?

Man of Honour
Double duh. It's a imported device, so it won't have UK adaptor, they're not allowed to sell them. And as for "american style" keyboard have you realised the keys aren't imprinted on them?

That seems a shade unnecessary, particularly when you aren't reading the caveat of "no full size enter key" or do you have some suggestion that changes the physical layout and size of keys? Because changing the pictures on the OLED screens doesn't affect the physical properties one iota.

Soldato
I think i need my eye's cleaning, I see lots of "looks great" comments. To me it looks like one of those replacement keyboards you could buy for the spectrum 48K in the 80's it is truly ugly.

KDU

KDU

Associate
Some really rude and arrogant people on this forum.

...Yes he paid a lot of money
...Yes it may not take the fancy of everyone out there

...But it's HIS choice, HE likes it and HE spent HIS money on it.

People like "helmutcheese" say along the lines of, well he come on the forum so expect peoples reactions and opinions blah blah blah. I was brought up well, and taught that if if you have nothing nice to say, then don't say nothing at all - guess a lot of you missed this valuable lesson in life.

Saying thing along the lines of "it's a POS" and blatantly slagging it off is down right disrespectful and rude. There's ways of expressing opinions without coming across as a total bloody idiot.

To think that people wonder why new comers are put off from asking for help and posting on forums like this? With the mass array of prats who patrol these forums (not just OCuK), no bloody wonder!

ukdave - Nice purchase! You certainly got a 'special' keyboard there and would love to see more of it. You never know, it could easily become a collectors item in years to come and be worth a bigger wedge than it is now! Hope these "mr negatives" on here never put you off posting more about it!

Associate
Like all good art it invokes emotions and responses that are different from one person to the next. The maximus seems to be doing that if this thread is anything to go by.

I am waiting for the Tactus ;)

Soldato
KDU, so damn true.

People should learn to shut up.

This guy has had the decency to share images of this keyboard with everyone, and all anyone can do is offer financial advice.

If you don't like how it looks, fine, that's your opinion. But saying crap like "he shouldn't have bought it in the first place" is ironic coming from you lot, who spend thousands on watercooling and hundreds on busted Nvidia motherboards.

I've written comments before about how SLi is a waste of money, but those comments were wrong and it's pointless typing them in this forum. It's not up to me how people spend their money (hopefully it's their money and not credit all the time).

People should get a grip.

Associate
erm..... i cant be bothered to read through 7 pags... but any one can tell me why is that keyboard cost £800? it just looks like a normal keyboard with a media card built in...

KDU

KDU

Associate
Just watched a load of video's on it, the things amazing! Who ever said it's no different to their G15...Hahahahaha that's like saying a Metro is no different to a Ferrari! You can set it to greet you with a "Hello" haha awesome.

NoobieOCer, go have a google, read the post or have a look on youtube. Loads of stuff out there about it.

Associate
A very very nice keyboard... for the gadget side of things, whites not my cup of tea... much in the same way i dont like Apple Macs whiteness, so would have gone for the black aswell myself, but seeing youtube vids of what it does is simply astonishing! :eek:

A bit pricey for me, something I doubt i will ever be able to afford (for a keyboard), but good on ya mate for spending the cash and giving us your account of it! At least your well chuffed with it :) Never mind the haters lol, just enjoy your purchase... and yes i am slightly envious ;)

The vid i saw, when the guy pressed a key it sounded a bit clunky... is that a fair point? I was hoping for it to be soft touch... like a laptop but hey you cant please all the people all the time and its not like i will ever have one of those.

Now you just have to spend some time learning NOT to touch type and looking at your keyboard 24/7 lol

Associate
OP
It looks cool, but I bet I'd pwn you on CS using my £8 Logitech keyboard :p

Is the 'f' key working properly yet (does it change to capital F)

hi, yeh it's working fine now - i had fiddled in the software andmistakenly ****** it up, all oknow though :)

Associate
OP
p.s. i'll get some more, hopefully decent pics up tomorrow if i can.

i am naff at taking decent pictures, however it is especially difficult taking one of this thing. it's like taking a picture of your monitor, but working with 100 little mini ones at the same time. i'll try and take them in darkness so to remove reflective light from the equation, that may help. additionally using the flash is a no-no, hence it makes it 10X harder to get a sharp image

i'll see if i can do a vid too, but i suspect that will be pointless in regards to quality (from the camera)

p.s. Camera is a Casio EX-Z1000

Last edited:
Associate
my god, 800 notes for a keyboard, hahaha you sucker.

Applause to their marketing dep't. true magicians

Well, that was well constructed and thought out criticism :rolleyes:

Brick.jpg
... or as subtle as

Last edited:
Soldato
Wow, the stench of jealousy in here is unbelievable.

Hope you enjoy your purchase mate. Couldn't justify it myself but it does look very nice. :)

Caporegime
removing all negative comments and only allowing positive ones goes againt the idea of a discussion.

This is not a Comunist forum, people are entitled to their opinion. Someone has as much right to feel the keyboard is a waste of money as the OP is to feel its the best thing since sliced bread.

Also, supporting someone doesnt mean slaging off those who dont. a comment of "Well done, glad to see one in real life, hope you enjoy it" is much more respectable than "OMG Shutup all you jealous gits, its his money, go get a job"...

In my opinion, £800 is a crazy amount to spend on a keyboard, but it doent stop me wanting one (in the same 'im never actually going to get one' way that I want a Veyron, or a Powerboat, etc). I also think the KB as a technical excersize (ignoring costs, price etc) is frankly amazing! having a KB where every key is its own display! Its the stuff dreams are made of!

Soldato
how can you brand somebody jealous for thinking its a waste of money? you need some perspective here. I think its a huge waste of money. you could buy an av amplifier for that - a damn good one. hell you can get a car for that. It doesnt mean im jealous, i think its a fantastic move forward in keyboard tech, even if i feel its totally not needed right now. i certainly wouldnt spend 800 notes on one.

does that still make me jealous?

Caporegime
IS it just me or, i spend my time looking at, my screen, keys are automatic and learned, i just don't look at my keys. I honestly can't see a reason for putting expensive keys with expensive oled pictures UNDERNEATH my finger tips. Its baffling to me. either way, untill i can go to the doctor and buy some paste to put on my finger tips to make them, and really my whole hands INVISIBLE so i can see the keys i wouldn't waste the money.

Hell i can think of funnier(naughtier to) things to do with invisible hands anyway :p

Back
Top Bottom