Passed my test!

Soldato
But once you've paid your insurance company the full amount, if you decide half way through the policy to change company or god forbid write off your car. Getting any money back off them will be a mission. Paying monthly just means you lose your deposit which is usually 2 months.

I've never had to do it, but I don't see why they shouldn't just refund you, although they'll probably make you wait. Bare in mind when you agree to do insurance monthly you are effectively getting a loan from the insurance company.

It also has the advantage that if you were to miss a payment you get a snotty letter from the bank and a fine instead of having your insurance cancelled.

I relise it's not worth the effort for you because the saving would only be about £30. But when your insurance is in four figures and the insurance company are charging 20% the saving will be £200.

Soldato
Having an accident where a claim is against you (if you claim or someone else does) though means you still pay the rest of the monthly payments...as I found out.

As for burning etc. the card...it is a possibility, but to be honest it doesn't matter a great deal, I have a placement coming up for a year on like £14k+ so will be paying off either as one lump if I can straight up, or monthly to start off with and then the rest when I can...I don't like being lumped with monthly. May think about a card when it's closer to the time I'd need it. :)

InvG

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
But once you've paid your insurance company the full amount, if you decide half way through the policy to change company or god forbid write off your car. Getting any money back off them will be a mission. Paying monthly just means you lose your deposit which is usually 2 months.

I cancel policies ALL the time. They refund instantly on a daily rate plus a small cancellation fee, this fee is the same regardless of whether you are monthly or not. All paying monthly is is a high rate loan.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Thats very good, thats not the norm. Its still rubbish compared with the 2% you can get via balance transfer though.

Soldato
Ok, I'm very concerned now. I'm with Quinn Direct with my Peugeot 206 (1.1Ltr LX, 5DR, X-Plate). The premium was £1000 (inc windscreen and breakdown recovery) Will my premium go up as well when I pass (next couple of months hopefully)? :(

Soldato
Ok, I'm very concerned now. I'm with Quinn Direct with my Peugeot 206 (1.1Ltr LX, 5DR, X-Plate). The premium was £1000 (inc windscreen and breakdown recovery) Will my premium go up as well when I pass (next couple of months hopefully)? :(

indeed it will, a lot. I was another one who was given a very favourable rate by quinn with a provisional, they wanted about 40% more after I passed iirc :/

Soldato
indeed it will, a lot. I was another one who was given a very favourable rate by quinn with a provisional, they wanted about 40% more after I passed iirc :/

just ammended the quote I got online using my provisional insurance to as if I've passed and it looks like I'm going to be paying a minimum of £2,000, double the price :(.

Back
Top Bottom