Very slow connection

Permabanned
hi guys im with AOL and currently pay for 2mb i have a Netgear DG834GT with the latest firmware and im getting these speeds:

250024214.png

basicly im looking into changing my isp and there are sooo many i just dont know which ones are good i dont really want to spend more than £20 p/m whats the best adsl provider that doesnt throttle or block torrent downloads.

Soldato
If you can get Be then go with them lower pings than any other ISP I have used and no restrictions and the price is even cheaper now. I only left them as I moved house

Soldato
i can get BE according to there webpage but it has the magic words of "up to" my line only supports 8mb so i guess the value package will do

Ill most likely get that too when my exchange goes live cause i live 3.19km from my exchange. Annoying cause i want to get the 24mb one because i think it will be faster than the 8mb one even though i wont get near 8mb on my line :D

Caporegime
Your DG834GT should give you values for attenuation/SNR margin and the speed it's connected at, which would let you judge whether you'd get any more from anyone else.

Caporegime
No, it means you're connected at 2Mbps. You should get a good bit more, and there's an estimator in the sticky that'll give you some guess at what you might get.

Caporegime
So long as it does ADSL2+ it should be fine with Sky (but you'll have to jump through some hoops to get it working), but they'll send out a router.

Caporegime
You're already on an LLU operator - BT Wholesale.
Sky don't give out the username/password for the ADSL, so the hoops I mentioned jumping through involve extracting it from the router.

Back
Top Bottom