How many calories?

Permabanned
Guess I'm up the creek then, I probably do more than the recommended 2500 before I've left the house in the morning. Hell, I wonder how many my daily 15(ish) cups of 'NATO Standard' coffee add. :p

Capodecina
Soldato
Thanks for that, Ok so black coffee would lose me approx 800 calories based on 4 x cups a day:eek: So firstly ill cut out the milk and sugar.

If you're having milk and sugar with your coffee.. then that's up to 800 calories a day just from those four cups. Whereas four cups of black with no sugar will be twenty calories or so overall!

It's just all about what you're used to. You've been used to having white coffee... now just get used to having black.

Soldato
It greatly depends on your height and present weight. 2500 is just a very rough guide.. but yes.

/agree, ROUGH guide indeed.

2500 for a man:
That's if you're a dwarf who does the bare minimum in terms of movement!

If you're a real man then you need to eat like one!1 :D But that doesnt mean eat like a fat slob. A great appetite is something to be revered and celebrated! Just not an appetite for junk. Eating less=
1. Lose
2. Sometimes trying to eat 'less' makes you eat more calories and doesn't really work.

wanna lose weight: cut the crap outta your intake.

bah... wrong person being quoted here :S

Man of Honour
As a few people have said the best way to loose weight isnt to just kill your calorie intake that will shock your body into starvation mode where your body will want to hold onto fat and will start using protein/your muscles for energy.
What you want to do is make sure your eatting good stuff like fruit, veg, slow release complex carbs and things like that.
Then if possible eat little but often to keep your motabolism fast which will help

Soldato
1 x bag of beef hula hoops. - 34g bag = 175 calories

2 x ham sandwiches using them small loaf slices which are wholemeal, real butter and the ham is lean wafer thin. - About 400 calories based on calorie content of other ham sandwiches I have seen.

2 x poached eggs, 1 small tin of beans, more wafer thin ham (3 slices) and 3 slices of wholemeal toast. - About 500

4 x cups of coffee. - 800 as said by others, don't know calorie content of coffee

Man of Honour
Azagoth the real man's man! :p

He's right though, I eat between 3500-4000 cals a day :D

To the OP - if you want to cut your gut down, cut out on the crap like crisps and lower your caffeine intake, drink more water instead, and vary your diet more, and eat good quality foods from meats to vegetables and fruits.

Soldato
I"m quite disturbed being in this thread. When I used to be a decent weight (read heavy) but with low body fat, I was actually eating possibly double what I do now. At the moment I am extremely over weight and lazy.

It isn't always about the quantity, more about the quality. You do need to eat healthily, but realise you need to eat like a man. I eat what you eat in the OP, ish, without the snack crap. And I'm not losing any weight. Exercise is absolute key imho.

Back
Top Bottom