Dell Vostro 1500

Associate
Mmmmmm just upgraded my Vostro to 4gb :p
Vista 64 is now amazingly fast, couldnt see much difference at first but ive just tried having loads of programs open like Outlook Business, Access, Firefox, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, 10 instances of winrar achiving stuff and theres no slowdown :eek:

Before with 2gb i could barely run Outlook and Access at the same time!
£60 very well spent :D

Cheeky Dell though, one of the memory slots is under the keyboard!

Associate
yea, you can still cancel if you want so say you would rather order online for the battery etc :) thats how i got my good deal, they rang me back about something(oh yea she forgot to take verification of my card number) and i said OH iv decided iv changed my mind, iv fouund another laptop etc; )

I got mine when they had the easter discount everything sale going on, will that matter if I phone up and ask to add the 9 cell?

Man of Honour
Talk about uberfast delivery - I ordered my 1700 on Tuesday and it was delivered today (28th)! Lovely 17" widescreen goodness, I have it sat copying some stuff from my Thinkpad and the difference in display is very noticeable.. I might have to dump Vista though, get back to some Linux goodness ;)

Loving the keyboard too..

Associate
Clcik on small business>laptops, down the left hand side is "View all promotions" under the subheading "Dell offers" it's in there

Ah right I found it. It only seems to work if you start with the base system and add the extras which ends up costing a load more.

How weird

Oh and did everyone get that IR travel remote with their Vostro that I see plastered everywhere?

Last edited:
Associate
I ordered mine two days ago, was emailed delivery date of next friday aswell. Had a automated call from dell today telling me delivery was to be for upcoming tuesday, press 1 for morning delivery or 2 for afternoon.

Man of Honour
I'm sure delivery date varies with options. The mst popular Vostros will surely be boxed up waiting to go.
Sounds about right, mine wasn't too far off the standard build track and when placing the order it advised it was "ready to be built". I think much non-standard stuff sways the build time a bit? I can't believe they built mine and sent it all in three days, I think you are right in that they maybe have a load of pre-builds waiting to go out :)

Associate
IS this a good spec for the price £433 inc vat and delivery? and if not how do i get better?

Components
BASE Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor T5270 (1.40 GHz, 800 MHz FSB, 2 MB L2-cache) edit
OPERATING SYSTEM Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium - English edit
SUPPORT SERVICES 1Yr Basic Warranty - Next Business Day Included - No Upgrade Selected edit
LCD 15.4" Wide Screen WXGA (1280 x 800) Display edit
INTEGRATED WEBCAM Matte Jet Black without Camera edit
MEMORY 2048MB 667MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM (2x1024) edit
HARD DRIVE 120GB (5400rpm) SATA Hard Drive edit
GRAPHICS CARD 256MB nVidia® GeForce® 8600M GT edit
OPTICAL DRIVE Fixed Internal 8X DVD+/-RW Drive edit
PRIMARY BATTERY Primary 9-cell Lithium-Ion Battery (85 WHr)

Back
Top Bottom